Lowes gift card...what to get

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

spitfire

Reaction score
I received a Lowes gift card for my BDay and want to use it towards brewing supplies. I am thinking either getting material for chiller build. What else do they carry that I could buy. I really need supplies for my keezer build. Do they sell FDA approved tubing? 3/16 is the best size right? What about fittings like wye splitters and T splitters? I plan on using 4 cornies with 1 regulator.

Yes they have all of that. The tubing some people will balk at saying they taste the plastic. I have 12 ft of 3/16 on each faucet and no one has ever complained of the taste of my beer. What they don't have are the check valves for gas lines or the pretty stainless or chrome parts.

I've seen plastic ones on the display board. I never really paid them much mind so I cant give any more info than that. If you have more than one Lowes in your area check them all. Here in Phoenix there is one on almost every corner and some have better sections of different building materials then others. some have great plumbing but poor metal or lumber selection others are opposite. Do not use ice maker line. it is too thin and has burst possibilities.

I wouldn't buy copper there... real pricey. I would get some hop growing stuff, copper tube cutter, solder, flux, brushes, MAPP gas torch, heavy leather gloves, brass fittings... check the clearance sections. They have some good deals there! How much we talkin? 25, 50, more?

I am a frequent Lowes shopper as I have a woodworking shop. I have a 25 card to use. I read a post the other day where a guy made a chiller with material from Lowes and it looked good to me and he only spent about 30 bucks. I don't need to make a huge one as I am only doing 3 gallon stovetop boils at the moment. I can always use the money for the shop but figured if I could get some brew supplies I would do that.

Back