Another Newbie Mead Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I started the batch of Joes Saturday afternoon and then had to leave town for work on Sunday. I called home and my wife says there is no airlock activity (Sunday evening). I have another 5gal mead going for about a month now and it started right away and has been going strong ever since. The Joes is a 1gal batch. Should I be worried yet or just wait and see if it starts? I won't be back home until Thursday or Friday, but I could have my wife add some yeast if you think it will help??
Thanks again for any info/help/suggestion!!
Also this is a bread yeast, my other mead I used a smack pack.

If you track down a local "Health food" or "Natural Food" store, they usually have a variety of non-clover honey, like Orange Blossom, Alfalfa, Buckwheat, Fireweed, and others. They all have a much stronger taste, some better then others.

Some of my best meads were made with a variety of difference non-clover honey. The only problem is they are far more expensive, so I'll make in smaller batches.

nick

if you REALLY want to track down some outrageous honey... http://www.honeylocator.com/

Just beware... honey only has to be 51% specialty honey to be called by its name. So there is a difference between cheap orange blossom you get at the store and orange blossom you get at a reputable apiary!

Back