Yea, I think being a window cleaner on chinese skyscrapers is the worst job

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Around 0:10, you can see the guys forming a plan. "I'll get down, and you try to grab the bldg on the next pass." At 0:20, unsuccessful attempt.

BTW, looks like something falls from the car at about 0:56.

wc1.jpg wc2.jpg

That's ridiculous. I don't think I would have made it through that. I would just assume I'm being punished for something I did.

The only thing I hate more than a stuck sparge are heights! Hasn't anyone invented self cleaning windows? Like a car's windshield wiper and spray nozzles but for buildings? That would be interesting to see.

I would just jump. What a nightmare.

If you climb the stairs to the top of the Eiffel tower (I did), there's a placard every 20 feet with some bit of history and a picture. One in particular stuck in my head. Apparently 100 years ago, some fool invented a pair of human "wings" and tested by jumping off the tower. There's a picture of him doing this on the placard, and I did find a video of the event online. The caption said he "died of fright before hitting the ground". I think that applies to this situation.

[edit] Franz Reichelt was his name. Video is on youtube. I'm not embedding it here. After 9/11, I don't need to see this kind of stuff ever again.

I think I've seen it. I'll check it out though.

I heard someone in a calm voice say, "I'm worried for them".

If I were on that scaffold I would be ****ting in my pants and screaming like a little girl. :eek:

I heard someone in a calm voice say, "I'm worried for them".

If I were on that scaffold I would be ****ting in my pants and screaming like a little girl. :eek:

If I was the second guy on that platform with you, they would not have heard YOUR screams. I'd have drowned your screams out with mine!

I am laughing out loud now, knowing that the last time I fell from a building (with a bungee cord) I screamed like a little girl.

bruva, I would have pooped the other guys pants. the pitch coming out of my face would have shattered bullet proof glass. I mean, they had no beer!!!!

bruva, I would have pooped the other guys pants. the pitch coming out of my face would have shattered bullet proof glass. I mean, they had no beer!!!!

Besides being on solid ground, without falling to get there, beer would have been the only thing to make this better in any way shape or form.

Now, if you're up there doing your job, it's one thing. I don't understand why anyone would do that kind of thing for fun:

I'm not even afraid of heights. I'm just no longer into testing the limits of my mortality...

And yeah, I saw the glass break. Saw them try to grab. And saw how high up they were. My wife responds that they should have been tethered. I respond that I doubt China has OSHA...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you're base jumping, and it cost you nothing, aren't you really free basing?

That is all.

If you're base jumping, and it cost you nothing, aren't you really free basing?

That is all.

You know all that poo that came from the workers on the scaffold will just have to be cleaned off the building by another crew, or heaven forbid, the same one! It's a vicious, neverending cycle.

Can you imagine getting down, just to have your boss yelling at you "Now you get back up there and clean your mess up...Go on, get!"

Back