Dry Ice in Chicago

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forstmeister

Reaction score
Anybody have a good place to find dry ice in the city? My keezer quit working but I have a beer on tap that I want to try to finish up...thinking this might be my best chance to keep it cool for a week or so...

Do you have a garage? Can't help with the dry ice, but my carboys are keeping at 40 deg lately in the garage.

Edit: that's assuming you have picnic taps. Not sure of tour setup, but might be difficult depending.

wickman6 said:
Do you have a garage? Can't help with the dry ice, but my carboys are keeping at 40 deg lately in the garage.

Edit: that's assuming you have picnic taps. Not sure of tour setup, but might be difficult depending.

The garage isn't attached and the unit is in my basement currently. I don't want to carry it up a flight of stairs and across the yard.

Nowadays you can get dry ice in most grocery stores or big box stores. Since almost every community can have a major power outtage anymore it's common everywhere. Meijer's has it right by the exit. Usually in a cooler like this.

2008_10_22-DryIce.jpg

The garage isn't attached and the unit is in my basement currently. I don't want to carry it up a flight of stairs and across the yard.

Yeah, that doesn't sound like fun.

(773) 274-6394, call these guys. In the summer they have carts of ice cream running around town, kept on dry ice. I used to buy small amounts from the vendors for "experiments" lol. They might be able to tell you where to get some.

Back