Talk to your neighbors!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

patsoxbru6

Reaction score
So I was rushing out of the house to get to work today (late as usual) and my neighbor across the street stopped me to talk. He seemed like a laid back guy so I asked him if he was a beer drinker. He answered with an emphatic "Hell Yeah"! Needless to say he is my new favorite neighbor. So after telling me about some of his friends setups (apparently one has 7 kegs rolling right now!) we decided to exchange beers every chance we get.:tank:

This guy is a 60-something from California and he couldn't be any cooler. Let this just be a lesson to you anti-social types out there. Keep talking to people you never know what you'll find out!:mug:

My neighbors only drink Lite and free. Not a brewer in the bunch.

Mr. Fendall did teach me a great deal about cutting and splitting firewood with minimum effort.

It was great to find this out. We just recently moved in to this house and most of my neighbors are DB's. In fact the neighbor to the left of us is the head of the home owner's association. This guy has given me a new respect for my neighborhood

We're at the end of a cul de sac and everyone parties pretty hard. One brewer lives a street over, another two streets over, and a third in the other direction. It's dangerous when we get together.

DB probably means "Dead Beats"....

I got lucky... got rid of a "Meth head" (foreclosure after 2 years)... and got a young couple that 'Love" my beer! In time there may be 4 of 6 home brewers on my street!! I'm doing my part to bring more into the fold of homebrewers.:rockin:

My drinking buddy neighbour is a 65 year old women. She loves my beer, or anything with alcohol for that matter. :tank:
The neighbours on the other side eat granola and yogurt WUWT?

I'd sooner pour my beer down down the sewer before interacting with any of my neighbors. Perhaps in a couple of years when we move out of this piss hole, but for now if they can't mow their yard and quit cussing at the tops of their lungs at their kids, no beer for them.

My neighbor is also a home brewer.

We’re both guilty of interrupting each others “chores” to sample a new tap - which leads to “let me get you one of mine” and then rinse and repeat. Inevitably said chores go unfinished.

Not a bad deal.

I'd sooner pour my beer down down the sewer before interacting with any of my neighbors. Perhaps in a couple of years when we move out of this piss hole, but for now if they can't mow their yard and quit cussing at the tops of their lungs at their kids, no beer for them.

Oh man, you are the DB nextdoor aren't you??? lol I have three kegs tapped in the basement, come over later and I will try to keep the cussing to a minimum.

None of my neighbors drink beer. I offered homebrew to one of my neighbors and he gave me the classic: "one of my buddies made their own wine and it was awful!" story.

Back