Brewmasters Warehouse please save the day!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrewUnited

Reaction score
So.....

Today starts off like any other Saturday brew day. I scour through my books and this site for inspiration on what to brew and head out to the LHBS (Saison for today.) 30 minutes across town and I drive past the one I used to frequent because their closing hours end with the statement....4ish. Got to love that. So when I arrive at my favorite LHBS much to my surprise is the fact they are pretty much out of anything that would be the basis of my beer. Strange, no Pale Malt, 2 Row or my specific need for this day.....Belgian Pilsner. Baffled I buy the yeast and specialty grains and worry not because at least I could head to the other place, although not my first choice my brew day would be saved. As I pull up at 3:55 I am hit by the 4ish issue. Well, today Brewmasters Warehouse just received my first order with them thanks to all that recommended, I am looking forward to it.

Andy

absolutely hate it when you travel 40+ minutes to find out they are out of stuff you need or they are closed.

Yes! I live about 30 min from my LHBS. They close at 6 on weekdays, 4 on Saturday and are not open on Monday. It makes it a huge crunch if I have to make it there after work. I buy everything from Brewmaster's Warehouse and use my LHBS for emergency purchases and yeast during the summer.

I've given up on LHBS unless there's something I really need last ,minute, and then it's still a crap-shoot as to them actually having what I need in stock..

BMW is the way to go, really.

It is hearing stories like this with a brew day down the tubes that drives our customer service. Anyone who has ever had an issue with an order will say I always ask when they are brewing. I just hate to have someone miss a brew day, and I will do anything possible to avoid it from happening.

Same troubles here my closest LHBS closes at 5:00'ish on weekdays. Is rarely open during lunch hour, and closes at 2:00'ish on Saturdays.

The next one is about a 40 minutes drive. So, I tend to stock up and brew what I can from that.

Plan ahead and place your orders online from suppliers you know you can trust. I've been through brewdays like you described and it's frustrating as hell.

Brewing is showing to be back on track for this upcoming weekend. Getting the Belgian Pilsner from Brewmasters Warehouse this Wednesday and celebrating the 3rd with a day off and a brew. Glad to here I'm not the only one with a dysfunctional LHBS. I am about to take advantage of the bulk buy very soon. Anyone else got anything brew related going on this weekend?

:tank:

It is hearing stories like this with a brew day down the tubes that drives our customer service. Anyone who has ever had an issue with an order will say I always ask when they are brewing. I just hate to have someone miss a brew day, and I will do anything possible to avoid it from happening.

I can verify this point. Ed actually called me after placing an order to ask when I was planning on brewing, as the yeast I ordered (White Lab's Cry Havoc) was approaching it's expiration date in about three weeks, and he didn't want to send me a vial that was going to sit for too long.
That kind of customer service won him a loyal friend to his business.

I practically order everything that I use in my brewing from Ed and do not regret a single bit of it, the customer service there is top notch and the promptness of the product from order to the door is incredible for the value.

12 Pounds of Belgian Pilsner sitting at my front door when i got home. Grain packed like a champ and the crush looks fantastic. Off work tomorrow and a Saison making I will enjoy. Cheers Brewmasters!

:rockin:

12 Pounds of Belgian Pilsner sitting at my front door when i got home. Grain packed like a champ and the crush looks fantastic. Off work tomorrow and a Saison making I will enjoy. Cheers Brewmasters!

:rockin:

I am glad that you get to brew. I may even try to sneak in a brew day this weekend. :mug:

The only problem I have with ED from BMW is that I can't find my pouch of irish moss I bought off of him.

I know its in the house, b/c its on my inventory sheet, but damn if I can find it. I must have put it in a special place so I wouldnt lose it.
I guess this falls into line with my peanut complaint about Ed.

I wish Ed would hire me so I could work for such a fine company. My company that I work for SUCKS.

Back