Electric Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tdiowa

Reaction score
I currently would like to update to electric. From reading the different boards I understand that the following equipment is needed.

4500 W, 240V of an "extra" low watt density design

I think I can get it mounted in a aluminum / Stainless pot but my question is what about some sort of controller. I am not interested in a On/Off system. What I am thinking is some sort of controller that once I reach the boil I can turn it down so it will heat up as needed. Kind of like a dimmer switch.

Any Ideas??

TD

I currently boil my wort with a Electric Bin that I bought years ago and I absolutely love it. I would hate to think of brewing without it.

Well let me say that this is very vague... I'm not really sure what you mean by updating to all electric??

4500 W, 240V of an "extra" low watt density design
Is this referring to a heating element?? If so a PID controller would work in this situation. I personally use a Red Lion controler to control my fermentation temps. It should work an electric element as well.

Latest posts

Back