2012 National Homebrew Competition Results

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brutus Brewer

Reaction score
Anyone else get their first round results in the mail today? I sent my entries to the Indianapolis site and got mine. My Great Golden Hopulation scored an average of 38 and made it to the mini-BOS round. That sounds good and hope it bodes well for the beer to make it to the next round. How'd everyone else do?

Making it to mini BOS does not mean it will go forward. I had 2 last year and neither advanced. I have not gotten my results from Pittsburgh and that was 3 weeks ago.

Yeah, I'm waiting fire my pittsburgh results too. Wish I would have signed up earlier and chose philadelphia.

Making it to mini BOS does not mean it will go forward. I had 2 last year and neither advanced. I have not gotten my results from Pittsburgh and that was 3 weeks ago.
Yea, I know the mini-BOS doesn't mean a ticket to the next round. I guess what I meant was making it to the mini-BOS is better than not making it.

One of my scoresheets said that the beer made the mini-BOS round, and it also says "Place awarded, 2" in the box. In competitions that I've entered before, this box usually means that the beer placed 2nd in it's category/flight. I'm assuming that's what this one means too, right? Or does it mean 2nd in the BOS round?

Either way, which beers advance to the final round? The 1st place winners of each category? The top 3 in each category? Only the winner of the BOS round?

Sounds like you placed 2nd in that category. Top 3 per category go to the finals, sounds like you advanced. Nice!

Cool! Definitely wasn't expecting to make it past the first round, but I guess I got lucky. Now if they would just post the results on the website like they said they would by today (May 4th), that would be cool too!

Stone Hands. I also entered 3 in Atlanta. I just got off the phone with the hosting site (Brew Depot) and they indicated that they have been working to get the last sheets mailed out by early next week.

Best of luck on your entries.

Paul

Winners posted.
I thought my Munich dunkel (Cat 4) was positively perfect. Didn't have a showing there. I took 3rd though with my Altbier (Cat 7) and I thought it was mediocre. My third beer, doppelbock, medaled last year (silver) but didn't place this year. Oh well, one out of three is pretty good IMO, although it's the one I didn't think would go.

Winners posted.
I thought my Munich dunkel (Cat 4) was positively perfect. Didn't have a showing there. I took 3rd though with my Altbier (Cat 7) and I thought it was mediocre. My third beer, doppelbock, medaled last year (silver) but didn't place this year. Oh well, one out of three is pretty good IMO, although it's the one I didn't think would go.

Wow. I had two of those three, and I agree - that dunkel was amazing. The altbier was fine, but the dunkel... :cross:

Cleary my assertation that I'm not a BJCP judge is correct.

Congrats on placing!

My Bock got a 2nd in Atlanta. It got a 13 & a 19 in a local competition last month, go figure :)
I hope the score sheets come soon

This may be a stupid question, but is it best to refrigerate the bottles that I'm sending in for finals? I want to keep the taste of the beer from degrading too much before judging takes place. It's already over two months old! What should I do?

Back