Tailgate Breakfast Beer . . .

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Halldawg

Reaction score
Wanted to hear suggestions for a good Breakfast Beer (does not have to be a stout). We tailgate for UGA games 10-12 times a year and would love to have a beer for early morning tailgates (we get to the parking lot about 0700). I have not ventured into AG yet, but have done a few PM. Help a brotha out!
:tank:

Well, Guinness is a big one in Ireland (with a full Irish breakfast); aside from that I'm not sure what else I would want. Maybe a fruit ale?

I love a nice chewy porter in the morning, especally if it's even a tad chilly outside. Grab a porter recipe and throw in a good amount of flaked oats or flaked wheat to really thicken it up.

I think that a good IPA really wakes me up. Also like an amber. It is that perfect in between where it isn't light and it isn't dark. Not too heavy on the abv either, so you can have a few. That or a nice brown, mild style works well since you will drink all day.

Wanted to hear suggestions for a good Breakfast Beer (does not have to be a stout). We tailgate for UGA games 10-12 times a year and would love to have a beer for early morning tailgates (we get to the parking lot about 0700). I have not ventured into AG yet, but have done a few PM. Help a brotha out!
:tank:

For a 7 a.m. start id suggest a nice mellow amber ale. Off topic how do you think Knowshon is gonna do for my beloved Denver Broncos:rockin:

Off topic how do you think Knowshon is gonna do for my beloved Denver Broncos:rockin:

He was a treat to watch, even if it was for two years. If he can stay healthy, he will be great. Not sure if he can jump over people in the NFL, but he cuts on a dime and sees the field well. I think he will be one of the better UGA backs to play at Denver (and there have been some good ones).

Yeah the 6-7 UGA games i watched he was damn impressive. Since hes gotten to Denver the interviews and stuff hes done he sure seems like a humble down to earth likeable kid. And yes we love our UGA backs here in Denver ther was one Terrell somethin or other that was pretty decent.

Back