Bacon!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JRdaSconnie

Reaction score
Anyone else out there ever tried the bacon beer recipe (or your own recipe with bacon) that was printed in BYO mag a year or two ago?

I have. In late stages of primary right now. I created an "Imperial Smoked Malt Bacon Porter" that I'm calling, "That'll Do, Pig" and I just added 7 strips of cooked (baked) and dried bacon to it to steep.

Anyone else done this and had any luck or otherwise? Bacon & beer, now does it get any better?? :ban:

You could start by looking in the similar threads box below, and in the similar threads boxes of THOSE threads...you'll find a lot of info, recipes, and people's experiences with using it....there's probably a thread or recipe a month on here. Bacon and zombies are to homebrewing what flys are to poop, quite popular.

I've never been a forum user, so I explored more after posting this thread and I see there are several prior threads. Will rack to secondary probably tomorrow, so I'll post any interesting results

Back