Couple Questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
1. I bottled my mead today and like when bottlign beer tried hard not to oxygenate it but now I'm wondering if it matters?

2. When you drink mead do you normally chill it or is it meant to be drank at a higher temp?

1. Agree, You'll be aging this for years and years and years. It definitely matters.

2. It's a progression thing for me. I love to have mead start cool...Not Coors Light Blue Mountain Cold...just about 40. Then I serve it in Brandy Snifters and let it warm up as I drink it. It's fun to experience the change.

Well I am not sure what the plan for it is was thinking a couple bottles might be used tailgating this weekend to christen the end of the Tommy Bowden era in style. The rest might just sit until who knows when.

Also, as far as serving temperature, it depends on the type of mead. Some, like Joe's Ancient Orange, are like a white wine and really good chilled. Some are "bigger" and are great at room temperature. I think some would be good at cellar temps, too. Try it different ways, and see how the flavor opens up when it's warmer.

Latest posts

Back