Crap. Need replacement part

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bolts

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
So, I dissasembled my three piece valve from my blichmann, and promptly lost some dinky little washer/seal. It was white and about 1/4" diameter and sealed the shaft that turns the ball.

It looks like it's going to keep working, but I'd like to fix it. Any pointers?

IMAGE_2C340BE3-9764-4DA2-8780-9882C17E0F0E.JPG

Yep. Buy a new 3-piece. I've heard that Blichmann doesn't sell the white plastic pieces by themselves.

what's interesting is that the little seal isn't depicted on the blichmann site nor other sites that have taken them apart.

Blichmann Valves

Can you make your own washer out of teflon? I have some teflon washers around here you might be able to use for stock. What size do you need?

Btw, per a northern brewer instructional video where they talk about taking apart a valve, they mention that blichmann said the manufacturer made them with too much oil. So Blichmann is the reseller...

blichmann-1-2-npt-stainless-steel-ball-valve.jpg

Funny, Blichmann sent me an email that said 'buy a replacement' (not specifying exactly what, but I'm assuming the whole thing).

@outside92129 I'll take you up on that if I can' t find one to modify locally. I need to measure it, but it seemed like about a 1/4" inside diameter and maybe 3/16" outside diameter. Certainly something I can make if I can't find one. I was searching the McMaster Carr catalog, but a thin PTFE washer doesn't look like a stock item.

Back