What should my next update be???

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hatchbrew

Reaction score
My current set-up allows me to brew 12 gallons fairly easily, three tier system allowing gravity to do the work instead of me. Have: 6-6G glass carboys, 2 5G glass carboys, Huge wort chiller, Upgrades that I have in mind:

Keg System: I brew a lot (twice a week), and kegging would save me a lot of time.

More Fermenters: Considering just going with some buckets to facilitate my quicker ales. Save the glass for the longer ferments.

Just got a 2nd fridge, so lagering is now a once a month opportunity, instead of just trying to squeeze all into the cold months.

Upgrade my yeast lab. Flask, stir plate, organized storage containers.

Any other ideas out there?

are all of these options? or pick one?

are you bottling everything? if so, I would start kegging before anything, and at that volume, don't go and buy a bunch of corney kegs, go sanke. You can get a 15.5 gallon sanke keg for the same or less than a corney, and ferment in it too... For smaller batches, go 1/6 barrels. Get into pressurized fermentation, and transfer using gas!!!

I have fermented using buckets up until now, and is not if but when you will get an infection. There are just more parts and crevices to clean, and it doesn't work...

I do recommend a bunch of mason jars because you just feel more pro, and a stir plate and elenmeyer are cool too!

I would spend the money on the cheap and easy aquarium ferm chamber controller build:)

Mason Jars!.jpg

Back