Costco whirlpool collar size?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

schristian619

Reaction score
I have one of the 7cu? whirlpool chest freezers from costco. My 4 kegs and 5lb tank fit snuggly. Anyway, I was planning on measuring for my collar tonight and stopping by lowes tomorrow after work, but plans have changed a bit. Now I can't get there tomorrow or this weekend and was hoping to get the wood tonight. Problem: I haven't measured yet. Does anyone have this freezer and have built a collar that can help me out with the measurements? I was planning on using straight cuts to alleviate the potential mishaps of 45 degree ones, and attach the collar to the base, not the lid. Any help is appreciated. Thanks

I was planning on using straight cuts to alleviate the potential mishaps of 45 degree ones

+1 on that man, I used a miter saw & they still didn't come out well. Wasted $30 on wood. ARRGH. Straight cuts are the way to go IMHO.

Can't help on the collar height though - what you could do is search the forums for the whirlpool, find a pic where somebody has made a collar for it and use the taps to estimate height you need.....

That's exactly what i want to avoid...heard too many similar stories. As far as size, I'm looking for the length and width of the freezer. ie. hol long I should cut the wood since I'm having them cut it for me. I am planning on using 2x6's. I think 6" will give me the head room I want and will be plenty for the taps, regulator/distibutor mounting.

I've got 2x4's on mine. No problem. Same one from Costco. 2 8' pieces should do you just fine. Or buy a 3 as a backup. They're cheap enough.

Back