time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welp, I had staked a lot on that wild guess.

BA also says there is a Predator by Wolverine State Brewing. That doesn't look quite like a doppelbock though.

If we were playing charades..

First, I would make a peace sign.

Some stuff would happen (maybe a later hint). Once I made the peace sign again, I would tap three fingers against my arm.

Then I would tap one finger against my arm, and make kind of a baseball swing motion. Except I would do it lower, and at the end of the motion I would pull the imaginary bat towards me.

Peace sign in the air. Peace sign on my upper arm.

Sip from a big imaginary mug, then I put it back on the imaginary counter.

(still playing charades)

These charades hints are kind of silly. Let's just say this instead:

You correctly interpreted the hint about the animals. All of those animals are apex predators. But, I don't know if this beer is named after predators or not.

Cool! Well, I was just at Lakefront brewery today, but I didn't bother to take a pic of any of my beers, because I didn't think I was going to have another turn so soon!

I'll give up my turn to drainbamage, since he was on point straight away with the Apex Predator guess.

I guess I'm up again. I'm realizing that a lot of my Untappd pictures are rather blurry.
But, here we go. Another beer and brewery...

Guess1.JPG

Is it a stout? I feel like the picture looks way dark, but maybe it's deceptive. Robert the Bruce?

Yeah, I probably should have noted that it was a bit dark, but Bob the Brieuse it is! I always wondered why they called this Robert the Bruce. The coining of the actual name "Bruce" is attributed to Robert the Bruce where Brieuse refers to a place in France. Not really Scottish. ... anyway...

You're up Jordan!

Guess2.JPG

Nice! Well, I don't have one and I won't be able to drink a beer tonight, so I'm going to give it to jjw5015 for getting the brewery.

Back