What are you drinking now?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Glad you're enjoying it! I hope it lived up to the expectations I put on it for you. Really a solid beer.

I'm still fairly new to scotch ale even though I'm a big fan of them, but this is the top of my list so far.

First ninkasi.
ImageUploadedByHome Brew1392175591.862591.jpg
I like. Thanks LoloMT7!

Pretty decent, but with a 3yr old tugging on my arm while shopping total wine I missed the "best by 6/14/13" on the bottle. Really want to try this fresh and really surprised at the hop aroma and flavor this old

1392176882263.jpg

Some jackie o'$ nut brown ale.. might have to brew one soon.
Hope to get a few growlers tomorrow at the mcbc taproom grand opening! ! Super stoked to have a brewery 200 ft from my work.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Home Brew mobile app

Just mixed some HB dunkel with some rye pale ale for a "brown and tan". Had my doubts, but it's actually pretty good!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Oolong. Everything has closed here in case it snows later. I'm staring at the radar loop wondering what it is I'm missing. Hopefully my wife doesn't get stuck at the hospital when folks who actually get snow can't make it in. On the other hand, overtime is nice and I can always use extra bourbon money for vacation. :D. Either way, it's going to be a brew day later when I figure out what to make.

BP is at 1.022 from 1.092 in 9 days. Can't complain about that. I'll see how it changes with lagering, but I'm pretty happy with recipe for the first attempt. Might tweak the specialty malts a little next time, but I can see keeping this one around most of the time. Now I just need to figure out where I can lager a third batch.

I've got a massive lager chamber right now. Just wrap it in your warmer to keep it from freezing in the five degree air and I'll set it right outside the door. :D

Water and coffee ...

Drinking espresso. I need to get my rear in gear and get ready.

Is it as dark as it looks? From what I've had from Aviator, I wouldn't be shocked if it was infected or otherwise flawed.

No, it's like SRM 4 or 8. It's light but the flash kills it.
I don't think it is infected, wouldn't it gush or something? It just smelled different. I have one more can that I'll try. It wasn't as bad once it warmed up but that beer is meant to be drank colder.

It sounds like an extract flavor to me, not everyone is sensitive to it but I know I am. I would be happy to sample if you want.

PM me your address. I think you are right. This was the first one I did with all extract that fermented at the right temp. the first was overpowered by citrus flavors and such because it fermented hot. Maybe that is what I taste. I don't really brew extract now so I can work it again. I do have one kit I need to brew and I will likely just get it done this weekend. Another stout, shocker. :D

Wtf is this?

Our liquor rep was trying to upsell us on that. "Aimed towards the higher alcohol drinkers blah blah, and they spent like 40+million in ads!" I was like is it really that bad? Do they have to toss it down our throats every commercial chance? Haha he was bragging about the all of 6.8% or whatever it was. I'm biased cause the guy is a tool but we are a craft beer bar, we don't sell no Miller

I need to dig the one you sent me out of the stash and try it.

Its a pretty great BBA Stout. I like it a bunch. I had the Barleywine too. That still needs some age to it.

Looks like a good night.
It was. I polished off the four pack of the stout. Had some Ultimat Vodka. If you ever see that, get it. Good vodka, but the bottle you get is the real prize. All glass, thick and heavy, labels come off.

I hope he sent some Bomb! and Noir. :D

I sent some Bomb! but no Noir. The whole state only got like 10 cases of Noir and it was gone before anyone knew it was here. The upside is Prairie can't sell Bomb! In OK because of the abv, so we are getting supposed to be getting more shipments of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Coffee..it's cold here. :D

:off: (I am certain to be kicked out of the club soon for this BS)
What would you do...buy a basic keg setup with 3 picinic taps until it is a better time to splurge on the fridge shanks and perlicks (I don't think I'll bother with anything else and just do it right the first time) OR get a 2 faucet setup for slightly more knowing that a third faucet can fit & it is what I really want so I can have 3 kegs on tap?

Basically the price difference, because I need the kegs, will be this:

Basic: $217.30 + $140 for two kegs (I have one already)
Faucet setup (2): $282.13 + $70 for the other keg
Faucet setup (3): $377.10 + 140 for the other two kegs

I wanted 3 for variety and/or cider. I would like to never bottle cider again...my luck hasn't been super with that. ;)

What would you do...buy a basic keg setup with 3 picinic taps until it is a better time to splurge on the fridge shanks and perlicks (I don't think I'll bother with anything else and just do it right the first time) OR get a 2 faucet setup for slightly more knowing that a third faucet can fit & it is what I really want so I can have 3 kegs on tap?

I wanted 3 for variety and/or cider. I would like to never bottle cider again...my luck hasn't been super with that. ;)

I would go something like a kegging setup with 3 way manifold, or regulator depending on how you want to do things, and 2 taps/shanks. You can always add on a cobra hose for the third or use the third gas out for carbing while waiting for tapping.

Alternately if you are going on the 1 regulator per keg, you can get a dual pressure regulator and buy an add-on regulator for it to make it a 3 when funds allow.

I've got a massive lager chamber right now. Just wrap it in your warmer to keep it from freezing in the five degree air and I'll set it right outside the door. :D

Water and coffee ...

That might work here for a few days, but it's supposed to be highs in the 50s -60s here next week. I wish I had a bookie for the weather. I think I'd be cleaning up on the weather here today. Forecast is still saying 4"-8". Not going to happen.

When I switched to kegging I focused more on collecting kegs first to get away from bottling because I hate it with a passion. I used picnic taps for a while and still do at times because I have about twice as many kegs as faucets currently. It all comes down to personal preference. Perlicks don't make the beer taste any better, but dammit are they pretty!!!

On the coffee.

I still use picnic taps as I can't put a collar on my keezer at the moment. They work fine but I really want faucets.

I'm drinking coffee ATM. I think I might go grab a pint for lunch though.

I would go something like a kegging setup with 3 way manifold, or regulator depending on how you want to do things, and 2 taps/shanks. You can always add on a cobra hose for the third or use the third gas out for carbing while waiting for tapping.

Alternately if you are going on the 1 regulator per keg, you can get a dual pressure regulator and buy an add-on regulator for it to make it a 3 when funds allow.

Now you lost me. :(

Water. I need to go buy dog food. I just realized the pooch is out and we're expecting an ice storm. :( And me without a chimney to use.

Water. I got my dog food and Petsmart was crazy busy. I have bread, milk, and beer. I should be okay. :D
When I switched to kegging I focused more on collecting kegs first to get away from bottling because I hate it with a passion. I used picnic taps for a while and still do at times because I have about twice as many kegs as faucets currently. It all comes down to personal preference. Perlicks don't make the beer taste any better, but dammit are they pretty!!!

On the coffee.
I just understood that the Perlicks weren't just pretty, but they offered some sort of protection against sticking. I'm a one woman show here as I cannot get my dog to drink. Even though I go through motions of drinking far too frequently to not drinking during the week, I just want to be sure I don't end up with stuck faucets.

I think what I'll do for now are the picnic taps. I have a birthday literally right around the corner and mama is likely going to ask me what I'm interested in as a gift. So I can get the taprite regulator with air distributor and spend the "savings" on two kegs. I've put in an offer on eBay for two kegs that'll save me $25 if accepted but I am doubtful it'll be accepted. I think I dealt with this yahoo before and he was firm on his $45 a piece and $27 shipping. Not far from Kegconnection.

I appreciate all the help. :)

Water. I got my dog food and Petsmart was crazy busy. I have bread, milk, and beer. I should be okay. :D
I just understood that the Perlicks weren't just pretty, but they offered some sort of protection against sticking. I'm a one woman show here as I cannot get my dog to drink. Even though I go through motions of drinking far too frequently to not drinking during the week, I just want to be sure I don't end up with stuck faucets.

I think what I'll do for now are the picnic taps. I have a birthday literally right around the corner and mama is likely going to ask me what I'm interested in as a gift. So I can get the taprite regulator with air distributor and spend the "savings" on two kegs. I've put in an offer on eBay for two kegs that'll save me $25 if accepted but I am doubtful it'll be accepted. I think I dealt with this yahoo before and he was firm on his $45 a piece and $27 shipping. Not far from Kegconnection.

I appreciate all the help. :)

If that deal doesnt work on Ebay, check out beverage elements. I would trust buying from a retailer like that, then someone off ebay. The quality of keg has a higher chance of being better from beverage elements IMO.

If that deal doesnt work on Ebay, check out beverage elements. I would trust buying from a retailer like that, then someone off ebay. The quality of keg has a higher chance of being better from beverage elements IMO.

+1 for Beverage Elements! I bought my second keg and a CO2 bottle from them a couple years ago. Couldn't have been happier. I bought one of the single handle ball locks which are a pretty good deal although I think they're more expensive now than what I paid then. But it's a good keg. Came completely cleaned and pressurized. I didn't have to replace anything.

Back