Easy inline water filter?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evilhomer

Reaction score
Right now I get filtered water from my fridge which takes forever. Would like to do a inline for just the cold side of my kitchen sink. Something hopefully easy that I can just thread in without doing any major plumbing.

I'm comfortable doing major plumbing but I may only live in this house for a few more months so I want something that will slip in and out. Anyone have experience with such a item?

I have a Brita and Pur filter I bought at Bed Bath and Beyond for like $16. Screws onto the faucet. The Brita works a lot better than the Pur.

Go to Wal Mart or any hardware place and look in the RV section. Uses hose fitting. Built the J out of PVC pipe. You should be able to hook it up to your sink or faucet outside. Works beautifully for me..

fc64c6dc.jpg

6c6881bf.jpg

0f316bf6.jpg

AND THIS IS MY 100th post WOOT!!!

Did some digging around and I think something like the pic below is what I'm going for. Appears to just thread into existing lines, will be hidden and I'll have filtered cold water for cooking too.

DSC02306.jpg

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I'm thinking about installing a cold water filter to my kitchen sink as well. If anyone has used this setup before, please let me know your results.

I'm curious what micron filter level will work? I believe 2 micron filter or lower should do the trick. Also, does using one of these reduce the water flow from the sink?

I've seen other posts that use a similar setup like this, https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/water-filter-setup-29145/, but I'd like to have the filtered water available all the time from my kitchen. Thanks in advance for your help.

Back