Be Afraid Be Very Afraid

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
I just sampled my latest Coopers European Lager dispensed from my new toy a TAD system.
It had a head that lasted the glass, which prompted another with an adjustment to the pour. That was so delicious I tried another with injecting foam at the beginning. That worked well with a real Pilsner pour. I then had to try a straight pour with the tap fully opened. Less head but clear beer.

Wow I started to realise I was fast getting that mulled wine feeling.

My son came in and asked for a sample, sample we did several samples in fact

I looked at the 6 litre Pete bottle and saw I was about 1/2 way there. so with a alcoholics dismay I returned the TAD to the fridge taking control of my destiny. With bottles I can adjust how much by only chilling a couple. With any keg ssytem it is there on tap. It would appear that only non alcoholics can have keg systems otherwise they would be captive to the tap.
Bottles and the TAD keg system from now on.

I know now how you keggers can enjoy a well carbed beer with great head and a dispence system that rivals beer on tap at the local watering hole.

My Tad system may be frowned on but tonight I placed it on the kitchen bench and it became part of the furniture with the ability to only take a couple of paces to replenish my amber delight.

I have a get together planned and I am sure it will be a real success. I am working on filling all 12 x 6 litre bottles I have. Ahh! 72 litres of 3 different types. Added to that my foray into Cider/ Wine with OZtops. Can life be any better.

Must be Tap-A-Draft. They work pretty good, once you realize you can buy the cartridges in bulk. I did. But I have a full kegging system arriving tomorrow, now that I have the space. Guess I'll post the "TAD" in the classifieds....

Tap a Draft. I remember you being excited about getting it Terry...glad you like it.

Putting beer on tap meant I drank a lot more beer at first. With 2-5 kegs going, I was pulling down 4-6 pints a night for the sheer novelty of "need another beer? go pour one, there are gallons cold!!!"....

That novelty DOES wear off, you'll be happy to know, so your consumption should return to more moderate levels after a while...(well, it does for most :cross:)

I have a TAD and LOVE IT too, fits in the fridge, easy to clean, easy to use. I bottle one TAD bottle each batch leaving me with plenty of normal bottles as well.

Back