Where's the best place(cheapest) to get a Brewmometer?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beavdowg

Reaction score
I want to add a thermometer to the pot I use to heat up mash/sparge water so that I can hit those temps better. Where have you found to be the best price?

I have a Brewmometer on all three of my pots. I bought the weldless versions from Northern Brewer and found they had the best price when shipping was factored in.

Unlike the posts above, I really like them. They are accurate and can be calibrated.

I have three and they all stick. When I am raising temps for a step mash, or mashout, or whatever, that damned needle won't budge at all, and then it lets go and I find out that I've overshot my temp by around 20 degrees or so. Tapping on the thermometer helps a little bit, but I don't completely trust them.

and they are WAY over priced.

go to walmart and get an oven thermometer and let it rest in your hlt. it will be accurate enough, and cheap!

This is crappy to find out, I just bought 2 and are not even installed yet.

P.S. rebel brewer has free shipping on all blichman products including these, so you can at least save on the shipping.

The "sticking" is common with some bi-metal thermometers. The temp coil in the probe gets hung up on the inside of the probe and doesn't move the needle in the display like it should.

Reason I like digital. No tapping on the dial. *shrug*

Just ordered one from Rebel Brewer for $33 for the weldless with free shipping. I ordered it at 9pm on Monday and got it Wednesday, guess it helps I'm only an hour from them lol. I tested it versus my Taylor digital and its within a half a degree from what I can tell, good enough in my book without any calibration. I love the little Taylor digital but it sucks constantly having to stick it in the keggle.

Back