Best place to buy a kegging system?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheezydemon

Reaction score
Craig's list no help here.

$175 for a new corny, 5 lb CO2, picnic tap, dual guage, seems to be the best I've seen so far.(shipping not included)

Ive been researching stuff myself.
Cornies from Austin Home Brew 4 pack $149
Kegworks: CO2 and regulator.
Tower really take your pick not much difference if you are looking for the less expensive end. They are all like 120 and up. (well I've been looking at two and three tap towers)

I too am looking to order a kegging system, and have been looking everywhere. I found something on kegconnection that looks too good to be true.

http://stores.kegconnection.com/Cart.bok?cart_id=8248985&sfs=76417016

Am I missing something or is this a great deal? I have not seen anything near this cheap for a two tap tower system with kegs. Is there something you can see that they left out that would be essential to the system?

I think I am going to have to jump on this. Forward sealing faucets and a 10# tank. for $420.:rockin: :ban:

Gators:

I got pretty much that same set-up from Todd. It has absolutely everything necessary to serve beer through two taps... I upgraded to perlicks as well and I upgraded to the triple-guage regulator. The triple-gauge regulator is especially nice b/c you can set your two kegs at two different pressures, etc. I have a pale ale on tap at 12psi and a belgian on tap at 15psi. I likey!

The upgrade to 10b tank is nice if you have the room for it, but in the 4912 I can only fit the 5 and have been happy with it. Ran a bunch of kegs through it already and still have plenty o' gas left.

If ordering via the website with all the upgrades and such is too difficult, just give Todd a call or email and he'll set u up and send you an invoice. I worked with him over a few day period to get my set-up exactly like I wanted. I think I got out the door even cheaper than the $420 you mention (like $390 shipped maybe? - but again I only got 5lb tank and this was 6 mo or so ago)...

I bought my stuff at Midwest Supplies... some places dont even replace the seals and o-rings, they recommend that you do, and charge MORE for the kegs. I bought all of my equipment from Midwest, it arrived in perfect condition.

NOTE: SOME places dont replace rings... Keg connection DOES

Thank you roaringbrewer I will be sure to e-mail him. Great idea to just try and put together my own little kit. It was actually $450 shipped. I don't need the 10#, but I sure do have room...13.3 cu ft. freezer, and nothing in it... I am stoked! :cross:

EDIT: Pol I looked at that, and it says on the home page that they give you all new o-rings and such.

The Pol said:
I bought my stuff at Midwest Supplies... some places dont even replace the seals and o-rings, they recommend that you do, and charge MORE for the kegs. I bought all of my equipment from Midwest, it arrived in perfect condition.

FWIW, Midwest is one of my favorite suppliers of ingredients, etc. when I can't make it to the LHBS. However, I did some very detailed analysis before purchasing from kegconnection.com between kegconnection, Midwest, Austin Homebrew, morebeer.com and some other generic kegerator.com, etc. sites and for the "package" deal I couldn't beat kegconnection. You can feel free to double check all the sites and try to assemble a package for a competitive price if you please (in fact, prices might have changed since i purchased 6 mo. ago), but kegconnection beat everyone else in price by minimum $50, even > $100 in some cases. At some of the vendors it wasn't even possible to get some of the parts that come with the kc packages - for example the triple guage regulator would have been special order on some sites, etc.

Also, kegconnection "refurbished" both kegs I got and supplied an extra set of rings for both kegs.

You guys probably think I am affiliated somehow with how I rave about them, but trust me I am not. Just very happy with my purchase and the price I got from them.

It IS possible to get a better price on some individual pieces of the puzzle through ebay, other vendors, or other means, but splitting up your "package" purchase between 3-4 vendors kills you on shipping - so purchasing from one place is the way to go...

EDIT: I think ohio will back me on this. We were purchasing our kegging equipment at the same time and he did a similar analysis and couldn't beat KC...

I bought the (2) keg, kegerator kit from Midwest about a month ago and also compared at Keg Connection, Midwest was a better deal at the time for the whole kit (2-kegs, new CO2, regulator, 2-shanks, 2-taps, drip tray etc...)

EDIT: I bought the above mentioned kit, PLUS (2) additional kegs, shipped, for $378 from Midwest..
Looks like you can get this same setup from KEGCONNECTION today for $376

Pol I hate to be a burden, but I was unable to find that setup on midwest's web site. Do you happen to remember where that was listed? Thanks man.

The Pol said:
I bought the (2) keg, kegerator kit from Midwest about a month ago and also compared at Keg Connection, Midwest was a better deal at the time for the whole kit (2-kegs, new CO2, regulator, 2-shanks, 2-taps, drip tray etc...)

EDIT: I bought the above mentioned kit, PLUS (2) additional kegs, shipped, for $378 from Midwest..
Looks like you can get this same setup from KEGCONNECTION today for $376

No doubt Midwest has some decent prices on some of their set-ups. Per your analysis they definitely appear to be dead-on the KC price for that set-up (with shanks, etc. as opposed to towers and such)...

I will note however that the set-up you reference above differs a bit from what I analyzed in pricing when I purchased. In addition to whats with that kit, I got (from KC) a 1) tower kit [I don't see tower even offered on Midwest?] 2) the triple-guage regulator [your kit shows dual only] and 3) perlick faucets... as noted, all for only $12 more than what you noted. Now, granted you got 2 extra cornies, but I picked them up for $50 shipped later when I realized I needed more kegs.

So to extend the analysis: All in all, even if you consider I paid $440 for the setup I have (4 kegs, 5lb. co2, lines, valves & quick connects, tower with perlicks, triple reg, etc.), that's only about $62 more than your purchase. $62 isn't bad for a SS tower, 2 perlicks, and 3 regs... This is why I couldn't get midwest prices to compare I think when I purchased a few months back...

EDIT: I didn't get a drip-tray in my cost analysis above. I purchased a tray from Todd later... so, prices are comparable generally (for the picnic tap or shank kits), but I don't think midwest offers a comparable tower kit.

Ya RBrewer I am leaning towards the KC setup. I just don't think it will be anywhere near as cheap as you got yours. I e-mailed there customer service with what I wanted, just waiting to hear back. I just really want the tower and I also didn't see a tower on midwest. Wish I could get a drip tray thrown in there though. :p

I honestly don't care where anyone buys their stuff - as Pol pointed out Midwest is more comparable than I thought...

The kicker for me was that I *needed* a tower as I was doing the 4912 set-up, so Midwest could have gotten me the kegging system for comparable, but I would have been out the $ for a tower and shipping from another vendor. Also, I think the "upgrades" to 3-reg and perlicks was slightly cheaper than the upgrades at Midwest.

As I noted, my analysis had all vendors within a $50-100 range or so, so its not that big of a deal, but hey, $100 is about 4-5 batches of brew.

Back