"Luxury sports car..."

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GS Spyder? Isn't that Front Wheel Drive?

Yeah, non-turbo too, but I'll add that when I drop a new engine into it in a few years. They never made an AWD Spyder version. I found a few people online who converted to AWD, but they all report problems because of the less rigid convertible body. I'm still leaning towards the GSX anyway, supposed to go see it later today.

sport = 2 seats
luxury= 4 ,
...there are some exceptions like the Sub WRX and the Mitsu EVO but the list is small.
I used to own a Eagle Talon, I loved the way that car drove with the bilstein shock & eibach springs

Bucket seats in the back... I need to be able to put car seats just in case. That's why I was really leaning towards the G37X and Genesis at first. Both have back seats I can use for my kids in an emergency.

Well, this time its a 360. We had a long talk and as tempting as it was to try not to have a car payment, we decided we need two reliable cars. I'm leasing the Genesis Coupe. Going to the dealer Saturday morning.

I want a coupe and more power. Plus the Altima I have is the base model. My wife leased it when she needed to save money right before we got married. I gave up my Wrangler so we could get a truck for the family. So now I'm stuck with this Altima.

2003-04 z06. With some simple mods, I read they are quick. Then you can add a blower! :D
Gen 5 z06's can be in low-mid 20K.

I know a guy who put over 100K on an '02 Z06. His assessment was that for daily driving where you truly need reliability, the stock vette is probably better than the Z06.

The Z06 was a fine car for him. There weren't any major issues in the time he had it, but all the small annoyances seemed to be around the parts that were lightened ( eg the thinner windshield cracked once, etc.).

Again, it's a fine car and can be a daily driver, but the added performance and lightened weight doesn't come for free.

But with that said, the modern C5 vette is a darned fine piece of engineering. Parts are cheap.They maintain a decent resale value indefinitely. You can buy one for $20K, put 50,000 miles on it, and sell it for $16K a few years later. Not bad...

So I figured you guys deserved to hear what finally happened.... ;)

1994 Mazda Miata! Been sitting in my driveway for about 2 hours now. Hands down most fun car I've ever driven. Somehow my wife agreed that the backseat wasn't important. ;) I feel so bad for people with SWMBO's...

That's not a midlife crisis car, it's too cheap. Probably paid what, $6k for it? A friend of mine has one, he loves it, but it's not a midlife crisis car. Which means you now need to go to ashleymadison.com and have your affair.

there is only one place a miata belongs - the racetrack.

I can't even imagine the amount of sh*t you're getting from your crew

Should have known, a near twenty year old miata...it has gotta be in that robin egg blue or mid life crisis red.

Black. ;)

That's not a midlife crisis car, it's too cheap. Probably paid what, $6k for it? A friend of mine has one, he loves it, but it's not a midlife crisis car. Which means you now need to go to ashleymadison.com and have your affair.

Hey, I've kept the wife happy through all of this, not gonna mess that up now!

It has the tan top, but it needs a new one. I think I'm going with black because I will eventually paint this car and it probably won't be black again. The tan top only goes well with green and black in my opinion. Although I have to say, the British Racer Green color they make looks awesome.

The_Dog_42 said:
But I've been considering dropping an LSx engine into a Miata for sometime now.
http://www.pbase.com/beagleracing/the_lsx_project

Man, I called that one. Now just get the V8 vette engine and drop it in. You're in a perfect position for it with a 94 because you won't have to worry about an OB2 emissions test if ever asked. You know you want to...

turbo, turbo, turbo! I have read many many times that guys that track thier miata's, say its one of the best cars to track.

Latest posts

Back