Kansas City keg cutters?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gx1400

Reaction score
I have a decommissioned keg I'm trying to cut the top off of for a keggle conversion. I have a bit done with a battery powered dremel but as you can imagine, this isn't the most efficient of effective method.

Would anyone in the KC area have a plasma cutter or angle grinder and cut off wheel they'd be willing to help out with?

Well, I did just buy an angle grinder for this very purpose. Unfortunately it didn't come with a couple of the parts that are needed to be able to use it. Once the replacement parts come I'd be happy to help you out with it. I've got a half barrel keg I'm planning on doing the same with.

Well, I did just buy an angle grinder for this very purpose. Unfortunately it didn't come with a couple of the parts that are needed to be able to use it. Once the replacement parts come I'd be happy to help you out with it. I've got a half barrel keg I'm planning on doing the same with.

I appreciate it. I emailed a guy from the KC Beer Meisters forum and he offered to let me come by Saturday morning to use his plasma cutter. If that doesn't work out, I'll definitely PM you.

I don't have any need for a while, I've kind of just been looking for another DIY project. A buddy of mine is teaching me to homebrew, so I guess if I finish the keggle then we can split a 10 gallon batch next time he brews (I finished my kegerator a week or so ago, so ready to pop in some cornys).

GX1400. I have cut more keg tops off than I care to count! If you are willing to stop by, I can cut yours in less than 5 minutes with my angle grinder. I am cutting one off for a customer Friday morning. Just throwing it out there for you in case you don't want to wait till saturday. Of course there is no charge for the cutting either.
Jeremy

GX1400. I have cut more keg tops off than I care to count! If you are willing to stop by, I can cut yours in less than 5 minutes with my angle grinder. I am cutting one off for a customer Friday morning. Just throwing it out there for you in case you don't want to wait till saturday. Of course there is no charge for the cutting either.
Jeremy

Thanks! I live in midtown, but plan to move to Lees Summit in a year or two, so I'm sure Apex will probably become my LHBS or choice.

I made an attempt with my dremel first, so I'm not sure if you can get as close under the lip with the angle grinder as I'll be able to do with a plasma cutter to be able to hide the evidence.

I'll definitely keep this in mind if the plasma torch doesn't end up working out or I end up making a HLT or another keggle at some point.

Back