24 hour Carbonation.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reverend JC

2500 gallons year to date
Reaction score
Is 24 hours of forced carbonation enough to make a beer fully carbed? if so at what PSi should it be at? I have a keg at 20 PSI and shook the hell out of it last night thinking i had until friday to turn in this competition beer, i read today that it is infact tonight at 7 that i have to turn it in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!

Is it cold?....if so, pull a pint and judge for yourself. If its not carbed right and its cold, set it to 10 psi and shake until you can't hear it going in the keg. If its warm - room temp, I'd set the pressure to 30 psi and shake until it doesn't absorb any more.. Thats what I do.....25-30 psi on the guage, shake for about 15-20 minutes or until I can't hear it going in the keg any more. Then I set the pressure to 10 and put it in the fridge. Next evening after work is a cold glass of beer with a frothy head.....

Back