Southern Tier IPA

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IPA_33

Reaction score
Quite possibly my favorite beer on the planet. This beer is a solid everday all scenario beer. The brewery itself prides itself on "big beers". If you haven't already, check them out online at southern tier brewing company

Take a look at some of the beers. Great stuff.

The Southern Tier beers are available in Seattle. The Whole Foods near the hotel I stayed at this week had several of their beers. I tried the Un-Earthly and Hoppe. Both were nice solid beers. The Un-Earthly packed a pretty good wallop. I did not much care for the Hoppe at first, but as it warmed up, it became a pretty nice XPA type brew. I was going to go back and get the Big Red and Oat Stout, but ran out of time.

Good beers all around, love Southern Tier. Their IPA is probably my favorite Southern Tier brew. :mug:

I've only had the IPA from the mixed case and I was really underwhelmed.

OTOH, everything else in the case was mighty tasty (porter and phin & matts were especially good) and their big bottle stuff is generally solid to excellent.

I really love that their regular lineup is so solid. People forget about the porter, ipa, harvest, et. al. because their big beers grab all the headlines.

I have had the imperial IPA and loved it. I picked up a bottle of the imperial pumpkin ale cause its halloween, havent tried it yet.

Hoppe is amazing- I tried the Pumpking Imperial Pumpkin ale and thought it was god-awful- tasted like a crappy, boozy, over-spiced mistake of a brew

Bumping this because I just had a phin and matts and it was so hoppy and delicious!!

I recently purchased their "Pack of Pales". I really enjoyed the pale ale, it was really unique and citrusy, like biting into a grapefruit. Amarillo hops?

I musta' got an old bottle of Unearthly IIPA - almost no hops aroma or flavor.

I'll have to try to get a fresh bottle.

I live 15 miles from the brewery and love most of their stuff. The only beers they do that I don't care for are the Java, Chocolate and Mocha stouts. The Oat is great but the others are just too much.

My favorite restaurant carries the IPA, Porter and Phin & Matts. Maybe that is why they are my favorite?

I just had there 2XIPA the other night and really enjoyed it. i've been a fan of Southern Tier for quite some time now. Creme Brulee is by far my favorite dessert beer. I love Java, Oat, PumKing, Mokah, Unearthly, Inequity.

I live 15 miles from the brewery and love most of their stuff. The only beers they do that I don't care for are the Java, Chocolate and Mocha stouts. The Oat is great but the others are just too much.

My favorite restaurant carries the IPA, Porter and Phin & Matts. Maybe that is why they are my favorite?

Do you mind if I ask where you live? I grew up about 20 min. from Lakewood.

I grew up in Westfield, NY. Worked at the Institution for 7 years. We used to go to Southern Tier after work and grab a couple brews from time to time.

I just had there 2XIPA the other night and really enjoyed it. i've been a fan of Southern Tier for quite some time now. Creme Brulee is by far my favorite dessert beer. I love Java, Oat, PumKing, Mokah, Unearthly, Inequity.

Had some 2XIPA last night for first time..enjoyed thoroughly...first I had ever heard of Southern Tier // also had Victory Golden Monkey (but only 1 !)

I'm drinking the 2xIPA. Does anyone know the hops? I can't find what they are but are very distinctive. I know they are piney and grapefruity. Just want to know for future brews.

Back