Soda Siphons

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry08

Reaction score
As anyone tried soda siphons to use as mini kegs. I have one and there are many available in disposal stores.
They are the ones that hold about 2 liters of water and have a sparklet Co2 inserted in the top.

I was thinking of filling one with cleared flat beer and carbonising. probably take a while to go in solution.

Any thoughts or has anyone done it

I occasionally use a Carbonator cap on a 2L bottle, but that requires a standard CO2 rig. I can carbonate 2L in a few minutes. You'll have to be careful about the CO2 level, as soda typically runs 2-3 times the volume of beer.

Carbonator cap
That sounds interesting where did you get that. I was considering using Pet caps and fitting a Bike valve to charge a bottle. But I still would need a Co2 bottle valves Regulators etc.

I place a couple of long necks in the fridge of a morning and a fe hours later the beer is chilled. Presently a Munich Lager 4 weeks in the bottle. Forgeting labour it only costs me $12Aud / batch 30 bottles 720ml(Long Necks).

If I do not get a big improvement by letting the beer settle in a secondary container for 2 weeks I will look into carbonating.
Thanks for reply

Back