Allagash Black?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gwood

HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Had it yet? I just picked up a bottle of it and some Ola Dubh (12). Anybody have notes that we can compare when I crack these two?

DSCN3365.JPG

My tasting notes on Black:
Appearance: pours black, lively carbonation and a light skim of mocha colored foamy bubbles. The light foam hangs in through the bottom of the glass.
Aroma: light cocoa & malt, slightly yeasty and spicy.
Flavor/palate: rather subtle roast/chocolate, yeasty spice and a very faint sour tang. Nice balance between body and the finish.

My tasting notes on Black:
Appearance: pours black, lively carbonation and a light skim of mocha colored foamy bubbles. The light foam hangs in through the bottom of the glass.
Aroma: light cocoa & malt, slightly yeasty and spicy.
Flavor/palate: rather subtle roast/chocolate, yeasty spice and a very faint sour tang. Nice balance between body and the finish.

Thanks. I'll plan on tasting the Black here in the next week or so.

My notes on the black:
This beer pours jet black with a rich toffee colored head which displaced rather quickly.

Hints of Chocolate on the nose, virutally no hop aroma present

Rich and velvety in taste, Roasted barley and alcohol comes thru. It has a hint of being slightlty acrid.

Medium bodied, velvety smooth beer.
It's a nice drinking beer, that seems much bigger then it tastes.

Back