Calling All Motorcycle Owners!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shaddup you. I've already said if either of us have to get a minivan, she has to drive it. I'll keep my peppy little Mazda!

That said, I entered a raffle to win an '02 Shadow 1100 with less than 20k mi. God I want to win this thing.

Expect to pay out the arse for aftermarket. Honda's 750 is their workhorse motor and after market stuff is cheaper due to volume sales. The 1100, not so much. It'll still run forever.

Expect to pay out the arse for aftermarket. Honda's 750 is their workhorse motor and after market stuff is cheaper due to volume sales. The 1100, not so much. It'll still run forever.

In all actual reality, I'll probably just flip it. I can probably get $2200 for it pretty easily. It's clean and only has a few after market parts that are still under warranty. As much as I would like to ride again, I don't think SWMBO would be too pleased about it.

Shaddup you. I've already said if either of us have to get a minivan, she has to drive it. I'll keep my peppy little Mazda!

That said, I entered a raffle to win an '02 Shadow 1100 with less than 20k mi. God I want to win this thing.

Sorry. It was just to easy. Good luck with the Shadow. :D

Beer_is_good_for_you said:
There's a big difference between starting on a 800cc cruiser and a similar size sport bike. That said, you've got some MX experience so it's not like you're totally new to it. I've got a Honda Hawk GT (650 V-twin) and it's a blast around town, but could use a little more on the freeway and is on the small side for me size wise at 6'4"/195.

When I look for helmets, I try to find one that meets ECE 22.05, it's a stricter standard than Snell.

Truer words haven't been said, I started on a 900 Ducati, I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, but I wouldn't change it for anything either.

Back