Best yeast for a Trappist Ale?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addicted

Reaction score
I'm about to order the stuff for my third brew and i can not decide what yeast to get,i just Don't know enough to make a decision.What would be the best choice for this extract kit,or is it more a matter of preference to yeasts?

Here is the extract kit i am ordering,maybe two actually.One i might bottle and let sit for a while.Anyway,with the yeast they offer with this kit how do i know I'm choosing the best one?

http://www.midwestsupplies.com/noble-trappist-ale.html

I'm a big fan of the Wyeast 3787, which is the Westmalle variety, according to Brew Like a Monk. It looks like Midwest sells 3787 with that kit, so I'd take that yeast and brew away! :mug:

Ok,I'm going to try the 3787 propagator.I ordered two of the extract kits so i can keg one and bottle the other,I'm going to let the bottles age for a long time and see how they come out.I also ordered a yeast starter kit too.

Ok,I'm going to try the 3787 propagator.I ordered two of the extract kits so i can keg one and bottle the other,I'm going to let the bottles age for a long time and see how they come out.I also ordered a yeast starter kit too.
Awesome . sounds like you're on your way to some good beer! :mug:

I prefer Wyeast 1214 Belgian Abbey. I think it's the Chimey strain. I split a batch between 1214 and 3787. Everyone who tried both prefered the Chimey strian...

Latest posts

Back