KegConnection.com

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bagleym

Reaction score
Anyone deal with KegConnection.com? Looks like a good buy on ball lock kegs but would appreciate any comments on quality and customer service.

I bought some fittings from them to use both Sanke and Corny kegs in a kegerator.

Quick shipping, good price, couldn't have gone better.

Customer service is top notch. I got a two keg setup from them for xmas and the air distributor was a slight leak that i couldn't get tightened. The owner called me back after i emailed the company and even though he had just got back from vacation that afternoon, he called, sent a new one out the next day and come free cleaning chemicals for my trouble.

If you are looking for just kegs, there are a couple vendors on here who sell them for a bit cheaper, you'd just need the new seals to recondition them.

Great company to deal with, though.

Decent price, decent shipping (took ~week), ****ty Customer Service so far.

Bought a 2 keg kit with a 20# co2 tank and the low pressure gauge was damaged. No problem, I e-mailed them 5/13 included pictures and all my info. Got a response 5/14 from a sales manager stating they'd replace it and send it out USPS and he'd inform me when it ships.

I hear nothing for the week so I shoot then an e-mail 5/19 to see whats going on, nothing. I try the sales manager's e-mail 5/23 for a update, nothing yet.

In short, I spent 300$ and am unable to use my keg system as of yet. Annoying thing is it wasn't shipping damage, the gauge is fine, just the internals are all ****ed up and it apparently passed inspection.

But hey, as long as your stuff arrives in good condition it should be a good experience.

I had a good experience with them. Shipping was quick and I didn't have a customer service issue.

I got a 3 body reg and all of the disconnects to hook it up to my kegerator.

I bought a 4-pack of kegs a couple years ago and they arrived clean and ready to go. One had a slow leak, but these were used kegs and it was usable, I fixed it simply with keg lube. The 4-pack was around $120, including shipping to ID. I recommend them.

I bought all of my kegging gear from them. I had a problem with my regulator, which they replaced (and sent out) the same day I received it when I called with the issue. Todd was very helpful and I would highly recommend them.

They're local to me & let me stop by the warehouse. I was quite impressed - it's clean, organized, & busy. They look to be keeping 5 or 6 folks (at least) employed in today's economy. Gotta be doing something right...

if you call kegconnection with any problems or concerns they are quick to resolve them! top notch customer service and they stand by their products... if you had any different experience, call them direct @ 512-805-3300!

I just bought a 3 faucet kegerator kit from them. had a couple of issues and they sorted them out immediately after I called. Mailed some gaskets that got left out. I'd rate their customer service as very good. When I called Ben was in a restaurant for lunch and he took my call and was helping with my issue till I realized where he was and setup a call for later to deal with it.

there are hundreds of sucess stories with kegconnection on these forums. I have yet to hear of a customer with a problem that was not remidied ASAP. I have not bought from them, but would not hesitate to send them my buisness.

I got all my kegging "stuff" from them and am very happy with it. I have spoken with them on a few occasions and they have been very helpful. One of my gas connectors was incorrect due to a manufacturer's problem. They were already aware of the problem by the time I called and were in the process of test-fitting every one they had in house. They sent out a replacement, no charge, and I had it within a week.

I personally cannot say enough good about Keg Connection. My current kegging setup was purchased from them and I will never go anywhere else. I have the pleasure of dealing with Todd and his crew in other business ventures as well. I would recommend them to anybody. Best customer service around, period.

Decent price, decent shipping (took ~week), ****ty Customer Service so far.

Bought a 2 keg kit with a 20# co2 tank and the low pressure gauge was damaged. No problem, I e-mailed them 5/13 included pictures and all my info. Got a response 5/14 from a sales manager stating they'd replace it and send it out USPS and he'd inform me when it ships.

I hear nothing for the week so I shoot then an e-mail 5/19 to see whats going on, nothing. I try the sales manager's e-mail 5/23 for a update, nothing yet.

In short, I spent 300$ and am unable to use my keg system as of yet. Annoying thing is it wasn't shipping damage, the gauge is fine, just the internals are all ****ed up and it apparently passed inspection.

But hey, as long as your stuff arrives in good condition it should be a good experience.

Dude, KC customer service is great. Not to be an ass, but if you are having such a horrible experience, why dont you pick up the phone. If you are going to do business via email , then folks at the other end of the email thread are gonna follow common business practices. Get them on the phone, you won't regret it.

I have ordered so much from them, on some issues, sometimes they just tell me to keep what I got and they'll send the correct one out. Twice they've come to my house/business a town away.

Dude, KC customer service is great. Not to be an ass, but if you are having such a horrible experience, why dont you pick up the phone. If you are going to do business via email , then folks at the other end of the email thread are gonna follow common business practices. Get them on the phone, you won't regret it.

I have ordered so much from them, on some issues, sometimes they just tell me to keep what I got and they'll send the correct one out. Twice they've come to my house/business a town away.

Yeah, I agree here. Doing business via email does give you a record, but there is just no substitute for a person to person call. I could tell that they were pretty busy the last time I called, but he still made sure he knew what my issue was and resolved it.
Emails sometimes get lost in cyberspace, so pick up the phone and let them know that you have an issue. They will take care of you, I can just about guarantee.

I bought a manifold with check valves from them. I ordered the wrong size and asked if I could exchange. They were more than happy to swap them out for me. I am very happy with their service and prices. I should be receiving my replacement manifold on Thursday.

I work nights and sleep during normal business hours. I've been trying to but every time I manage to stay awake long enough to phone them I can barely get a coherent thought out. I intend to phone them soon, as someone was kind enough to send me what I guess is the owner's business cell number.

After initially e-mailing them I got a prompt response stating that they would take care of me, saying that a replacement would be shipped and I'd be notified on shipment. It's been 2 weeks and No package or follow up (even with 2 subsequent e-mails over the past week, and a third e-mail to what I've been told is the owner sent out today) asking for an update on it so I can be assured I didn't fall through the cracks.

You would think upon being acknowledged and a solution being arrived at, there would be no problem. While everyone else may have had a good experience, it seems like using the phone instead of their e-mail service is a common theme. I'll take that under advisory.

I ordered a 4 tap system, unfortunately tower arrived dented(UPS shipping damage). I called, and a new tower was on its way the next day. Awesome service and help over the phone ordering.

I'd send more business their way.

I buy all my kegging/draft equipment from there. I have had a few orders and everything has been perfect. I have recommended them to several people, definitely a good business to work with.

Edit: To touch on the issue a previous poster had. All my orders have required some customization and these guys have ALWAYS either given me their number or called me to go over everything to make sure my orders were perfect and I got my equipment set up properly. While email is quick and convenient, nothing beats a phone call and having a live person on the other end understanding your problem and working to find the solution. Give them a call and I'm sure you'll be satisfied.

Update:

5/27 Mailed Todd asking what was going on
5/29 Got a response with a tracking number

I guess I got forgotten and not entered into the computer for the replacement or something. Anyways they have my replacement gauge in the mail finally.

I can admit my experience was pretty isolated for KC considering all the good responses they always get. They came through in the end and that's what matters, and I will probably shop there again for all my kegging needs.

Nugu

It is unfortunate that any of our customers have to go through an inconvenience like you did, but I am glad to see it got resolved. If you decide to do future business with us, all questions, comments and concerns are normally dealt promptly through email and phone. If you did email [email protected], it goes to our sales manager Ben and he sometimes gets caught up trying to make sales and deal with customer service issues. In the future (and this may seem a bit tedious) you can CC "[email protected]" and "[email protected]" alongside the "[email protected]" and I personally guarantee your issue will be resolved ASAP. Sorry again for your inconvenience, please let us know if there is anything else we can do for you.

Cheers,

[email protected]

*edited for grammar!

Thanks! I hope to use HBT as another means of support so we can continue to grow our customer service and provide as many efficient ways to reach our customers and be reached as well!

Just being active here will put your "finger on the pulse of homebrewing" and will help you make great strides in achieving your goals.
You guys have a very strong following here already, and it only gets better from here. Just ask Ed at Brewmaster's Warehouse or Forrest at Austin Homebrew Supply. :mug:

Josh i have purchased a 2 keg setup from your company and am really happy with it..
you are smart to sign up here on Home Brew Talk, to stay in touch with your customers..
Now the question! can we get a discount code now that you're in the club?
either way i will certainly make purchase from Keg Connection in the future.Joe

Great question! Since joining HBT, we are currently coming up with a special promotion directed for HBT members only... it may come in the form of a discount code (% off an order) or it may come in the form of shipping discounts or free merch. I will keep you updated and hopefully we'll have this promo running soon! Until then though, we do have great savings right now for all our customers with sales on our newly developed equipment cleaner "Brew Clean" and we are offering free shipping on our Kegerators!

I have been really happy with the service I received from Keg Connection. I have only worked with Ben but he has been very helpful and knowledgeable. On my last order I later decided to add some items to the already created invoice... I spoke with Ben about it and he through in the items for free and didn't increase the shipping cost..

They have top notch service and any new kegging equipment I purchase will be at KC.

Good luck with your purchase!

I am a satisfied KC customer as well. I dealt with Ben via email and telephone for my order (two tap tower conversion w/Perlick upgrades) and he was helpful and more importantly...my stuff arrived in a timely manner as advertised.

I would definitely do business with them again or recommend them as well.

Cheers,
AJ

Was so pumped to get my dual regulator from KegConnection; it showed up tonight and even though the shipping was prepaid my item had $57 extra charges from UPS so I refused the shipment. I sent an email to their customer service and after I found this thread I forwarded it to the two email addresses given above. I hope they can work my issue out.

I just ordered my keg setup from KegConnection. They are very helpful but extremely busy. I guess you cannot fault a company for that. I dealt with Ben. When I would call and he was on the phone, he was very quick to return the call. I had a custom order and Ben was very patient with me.

Ordered a two tap tower with Perlicks. It arrived Monday, but one of the couplers was bent to the point where I couldn't attach the faucet. It obviously came that way from the factory, since the packaging was fine. Shot them an email with a pic of the damage, and I received a call the next day saying that a replacement would be in the mail ASAP. It will arrive while I am gone for the week, and I was hoping to have the kegerator done before I left, but I am pleased with the service. They continue to earn my business.

figured I'd ask in here:

how in the hell do you take apart a kegconnection manifold!? I've got a 3-way with a plug in the third hole, and I'd like to add another check vale/nipple so I can have a dedicated line with an air chuck to carb soda bottles (and pump up my bike tires! :) )

anyway, the plug is stuck. really STUCK. the check valves loosen right up, but that brings me to another problem: how did they get them on there in the first place? the bolts on top of them are too tall, you can't even rotate them around to unscrew.

to clarify, http://stores.kegconnection.com/catalog/3 way manifold.jpg this is what I have, except theres a plug in place of the third (bottom) check valve.

how can I get a check valve OFF to take to home depot and figure out what I need to buy to replace it. (if they even have anything that will work, otherwise I'll have to order one, ugh)

Bought a 4-pack corney keg system complete with 4-way manifold with seperate shut-off valves, CO2 tank and dual gauge regulator about 4 months ago.. Shipping was fast and I had it in about 10 days.. The manifold they sent me leakes (and it cost me a whole 5# tank of CO2 in about 2 days), but I called them and they replaced it right away. Good to deal with and stand by their products.

figured I'd ask in here:

how in the hell do you take apart a kegconnection manifold!? I've got a 3-way with a plug in the third hole, and I'd like to add another check vale/nipple so I can have a dedicated line with an air chuck to carb soda bottles (and pump up my bike tires! :) )

anyway, the plug is stuck. really STUCK. the check valves loosen right up, but that brings me to another problem: how did they get them on there in the first place? the bolts on top of them are too tall, you can't even rotate them around to unscrew.

I have a similar manifold. I received the manifold with two check valves and a plug. I received the third check valve from KC to replace the plug. I had to put the manifold in a vice (carefully tightened with a cloth protecting both sides). I then used a box end wrench with some elbow grease to get the plug out. It was in there pretty good.

Also, make sure to apply liberal amounts of teflon tape when you thread in your new check valve. It took me a couple tries to get a good seal.

I'm pretty new to brewing and hope to start kegging in the future. After reading all the great reviews and finding out they're in San Marcos, it's a no brainer! these guys are getting my business when it comes time to keg!

Any word on the HBT discount? lol

Latest posts

Back