First Double Session

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arneba28

Reaction score
I have my first double brew session coming up on thursday. This will be like a post birthday, relax and brew day:rockin:. I havent been able to brew in 4 weeks because of my work schedule. So, to catch up I am doing an All day brew session, atleast thats what it will be with cleaning.

First off
9am Hefeweizen

then a short 2 hour break to move a damn waterbed for my roommate.

Second.
6pm Bourbon oaked porter.

This should be interesting because I usually just take my time and relax. I have the whole day off so If I start my second brew at 6-8pm and not worry about finish time.:cross:

Wish me luck. :mug:
Any Tips ?

If you have the vessels to do it, you could mash the second while the first is boiling. That definitely requires a lot more attention, but if you're not strapped for time, your schedule as-is sounds relaxing. :mug:

Oh, and Happy early Birthday!

No tips other than to enjoy what sounds to be a great day of relaxed brewing.

:mug:

I dont have the vessel to mash and boil at the same time which sucks but I hoping to go back to back brews which should cut down on time. Unfortunately my faucet is frozen as of today. If its thawed out by thursday I will be able to mash and boil at the same time but its been in the mid 20's here so chilling only takes about 3 hours which is ok. luckily I dont have to worry about clarity with a hefe and porter. So I think ill be ok for the most part.

Back