Equally Obnoxious Hockey Trash Talk Thread, eh?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wings took it to the Pens this weekend. Completely surprised because I thought they would get their asses handed to them. Could this be the beginning of the major comeback to get the Wings in the playoffs once again?

Wings aren't making the playoffs.

I don't think the Bruins will either, despite currently being second in the Atlantic.

Only thing the Wings have going for them is the number of points between them and the bottom of the playoff teams. They will have to win a LOT more, and have to hope others above them start dropping games. A little win streak could put them in the hunt, but I am just not feeling it this season.

Bs and Wings tonight. we'll see what happens ... :beard:

I'm geeked about it. Hopefully I can remember in time to reschedule any DVR'ing the wife or kids have planned for Tuner #2. Seems like I always fire up my TV to watch while playing WoW or while reading in bed and there is some Chick show being recorded. Usually it's while they are simultaneously watching on Tuner #1!! I don't always let it keep recording... ;)

I'm geeked about it. Hopefully I can remember in time to reschedule any DVR'ing the wife or kids have planned for Tuner #2. Seems like I always fire up my TV to watch while playing WoW or while reading in bed and there is some Chick show being recorded. Usually it's while they are simultaneously watching on Tuner #1!! I don't always let it keep recording... ;)

"Yay, we're gonna be on televis-OOF!"

red-wings-fan-falls-behind-reporter-winter-classic_large.gif

Jeez, I would kind of not be surprised if Claude just up and quit.

http://www.csnne.com/boston-bruins/...g-point-struggling-inconsistent-boston-bruins

No. We need to keep whatever dysfunction they over there intact! Wings are close to catching up with the Bs and tonight's game would be crucial to making a shot at the playoffs.

If the Wings can only get healthy enough, long enough to string together a few good games. They aren't deep enough to weather the injuries.

Man, you can really tell the Atlantic is the weak sister in the East. Montreal is leading the division. They'd be fifth in the Metropolitan.

Man, you can really tell the Atlantic is the weak sister in the East. Montreal is leading the division. They'd be fifth in the Metropolitan.

Yes, and I'm SOOOO glad that's the case! I can't believe how close Detroit is to the Wildcard after their "Less than Stellar" play this season.

No. We need to keep whatever dysfunction they over there intact! Wings are close to catching up with the Bs and tonight's game would be crucial to making a shot at the playoffs.

If the Wings can only get healthy enough, long enough to string together a few good games. They aren't deep enough to weather the injuries.

Bruins miss the playoffs but Wings will too. Boston isn't even in a wild card spot yet and Florida or NJ have a better chance, maybe Carolina if they get out of their losing streak. By the way: how the hell is Detroit sitting at 23rd in the league? Sad!

The battle for that last wildcard slot is gonna be a fun ride. I predict not much will change in the Metro, with Pittsburgh, Washington, Columbus, and NYR all going through. Unless something really weird happens, the three Canadian teams will be 1-2-3 in the Atlantic.

That's my prediction, anyways.

Bruins miss the playoffs but Wings will too. Boston isn't even in a wild card spot yet and Florida or NJ have a better chance, maybe Carolina if they get out of their losing streak. By the way: how the hell is Detroit sitting at 23rd in the league? Sad!
I'd even go as far to say that the Islanders have a slightly better shot than Detroit at getting to the postseason. Neither team will actually make it, though.

I'd even go as far to say that the Islanders have a slightly better shot than Detroit at getting to the postseason. Neither team will actually make it, though.

Pretty much. Detroit has the lowest ROW out of any team in the bottom standings and their goal differential is not great. Plus only 5 points separate the bottom rung from the bottom wild card seed, and there are 3 teams with only 1 point behind Detroit; 2 of which have fewer games in hand and all of which have a better ROW than Detroit. Tampa Bay seems like they don't belong at the bottom and will probably have a surge in the final quarter of the season. Unless Detroit reanimates Gordie Howe they're screwed.

Well, closer than I imagined. They haven't done themselves any favors so far this season. They are in a tough spot, but I honestly expected them to be 10 points behind at least. They've managed to get to OT quite often.

When you play less than average you should be grateful to be where they are right now.

Well, closer than I imagined. They haven't done themselves any favors so far this season. They are in a tough spot, but I honestly expected them to be 10 points behind at least. They've managed to get to OT quite often.

When you play less than average you should be grateful to be where they are right now.

Man, 10 points behind would put them in Colorado territory. Blech.

Pretty much. Detroit has the lowest ROW out of any team in the bottom standings and their goal differential is not great. Plus only 5 points separate the bottom rung from the bottom wild card seed, and there are 3 teams with only 1 point behind Detroit; 2 of which have fewer games in hand and all of which have a better ROW than Detroit. Tampa Bay seems like they don't belong at the bottom and will probably have a surge in the final quarter of the season. Unless Detroit reanimates Gordie Howe they're screwed.
Back to back losses to teams they need to catch doesn't help either.

Man, these Leafs are fun to watch. Freddie Andersen pitching back to back doughnuts doesn't hurt either. :D

Man, these Leafs are fun to watch. Freddie Andersen pitching back to back doughnuts doesn't hurt either. :D

Ugh. Wings needed to come to the arena ready to play hard. Necessary points to get, and just as important, to prevent. Man, they are hurting without Vaneck. Too many bad passes in the Dzone. Not skating hard enough.

That said, it was a tighter game than the score would indicate. Leafs got great goaltending again, and played well defensively and limited shots.

Ugh. Wings needed to come to the arena ready to play hard. Necessary points to get, and just as important, to prevent. Man, they are hurting without Vaneck. Too many bad passes in the Dzone. Not skating hard enough.

That said, it was a tighter game than the score would indicate. Leafs got great goaltending again, and played well defensively and limited shots.

On the plus side, Mike Babcock no longer spends nights staring at his contract and involuntarily twitching.

That said, it was a tighter game than the score would indicate.
Mrazek played well enough until JVR's goal. That one shouldn't have gone in. He should have had Shoshnikov's too, but at that point all they had the chance to do was spoil the shutout.

Jeez, Marchand must have bribed someone with poutine or something.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...mark-with-feeble-punishment-for-brad-marchand

Poutine would do it.

I thought the trip was total BS, but if that is the maximum allowed under the CBA, then that's all he should get. They should discuss the allowed punishments during the next CBA negotiations. You shouldn't be allowed to go outside the contract conditions just because you want to.

Players have been known to beat each other with their sticks in the bygone days of the sport. Some pretty rough stories about the early days out there.

Poutine would do it.

I thought the trip was total BS, but if that is the maximum allowed under the CBA, then that's all he should get. They should discuss the allowed punishments during the next CBA negotiations. You shouldn't be allowed to go outside the contract conditions just because you want to.

Players have been known to beat each other with their sticks in the bygone days of the sport. Some pretty rough stories about the early days out there.

I get that but since he's a repeat offender you'd think there would be a clause addressing that in the CBA. Maybe there, I don't know.

Back