kegerators

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

daftdraft

Reaction score
I am looking to buy a kegerator. What are some good companies to buy from for a good price?

I am looking to buy a kegerator. What are some good companies to buy from for a good price?

I can talk a little about this since I just bit the bullet today on a Haier Brewmaster from Menards.

Walmart.com: Haier Keg BrewMaster Beer Dispenser & Refrigerator for 1/2, 1/4, and Mini-Barrel Kegs : Appliances
Sorry for the Wal-Mart link, but Menard's doesn't have this on their website. I paid $478 before tax.

I bought this system since I was able to get it for $500 after tax local, and the kits I saw to make an Oster 5.0 into a kegerator were going to run $550+ shipping (~100).

The Haier comes with a Sanky tap. An extra ball lock fixed that problem and now I have a single tap for a cornie keg. The great thing is that 3 cornies (i provided) and a 5 pound co2 bottle with reg and gauge (kit included) fit in the unit with no problems.

There is plenty of room to drop 2 extra hoses into the tower, and I'm going to design a wooden tower top that fits squarely over the tower, is approx 6 inches wide by 4 inches deep and 3 inches the other direction. I will run two additional taps into that so I have a t configuration on the top of the tower, and will fill the box with styrofoam to keep it from letting out the cold.

So maybe I'm biased, but it looks like for under $600, I will have a 3 keg setup that looks professional and is much cheaper than the $1500+ I was seeing on some website for a 3 keg homebrew system.

Unless you are looking for style, you can build a kegerator out of an old refrigerator for way less than any commercial model.

Well I just scored this today...

11712314aZZZZZZZZZ8a33e0cec4b57dc147d.jpg

Keg Cooler - Tap w/Co2 - Black - Deluxe Model

Its a Haier HBF05EABB, and its in basically brand new shape. It was a little dirty from sitting for a year or two but its all shined up now. At $275 I couldn't afford not to buy it!

It will for sure hold 3, with CO2, Im not sure i could fit 4. I only have 3 but I'm curious if a 2.5 would fit too. Last week I got a chrome 4 tap T-tower for $60 on CL, so i really hope i can remote the CO2 and run 4 taps. If not, I got a 2 tap from the same guy... Any thoughts?

Back