time to play the "can you name this style by the pictures" game.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nope. Here's another picture, same brew.

There is something slightly off the norm about this beer that might make it a little challenging.

ForumRunner_20111121_120159.jpg

Nobodys gotten it. Its and old style of beer, which has been enjoying increasingly renewed popularity.

jfrank85 said:
American ipa?

Haha! Yes! I knew this would be a fun one because its on the very bottom of the color spectrum for the style and doesn't look like an IPA, but yes. Pliny the Elder, american IPA

Haha! Yes! I knew this would be a fun one because its on the very bottom of the color spectrum for the style and doesn't look like an IPA, but yes. Pliny the Elder, american IPA

Man, that's what I was originally thinking but thought to myself "No, you *******. That's too easy."

This beer is quite alcoholic. Fluffy mouthfeel and somewhat hazy appearance. Should be an easy guess. (Sent with phone, sry about pic.)

ForumRunner_20111122_130354.jpg

I just hate grouping high abv beers in an imperial category. Its almost like a catch all imo. Even though i know there are plenty of styles classified as imperial. I'm just difficult tho, kinda an oddball like most only children lol

Back