Beer Tattoos

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deacon1856

Reaction score
I'm considering a beer-related tattoo...but it's not necessarily to promote a specific brewery, it's more an outward manifestation of things that interest me. There is one logo that really embodies some of the things that I appreciate...thus the tattoo.

I was just wondering if there are any of you out there with beer related tattoos...I'd really like to see them!

Show them off with pride!

I don't have any tattoos but have always contemplated getting a small one related to brewing. My idea is something along the lines of an old world brewer's guild crest or something like that. Mash paddle, barley, hops and tun nicely assembled to form a small tattoo. Looking forward to some ideas.

Did that one member called something like Beta_Pleated_Sheet get a hops vine on her ankle? I remember her posting a picture about a year or so ago, and it was really nice. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Edit- found it! Her name is Beta Pleated Sheet (no _) and she posted this picture:
Untitled-1.jpg

She hasn't been around in quite a while- I wonder why?

That's a great idea about the brewers guild crest. The older the better for sure!

Those are some pretty sweet hops right there too. I'm a fan.

I can't help but make a visual connection between hops and another plant.. Don't know if I'd get it put on my body, haha.

I have been drawing one up for several months now. I'm running out of room on my body and I can't decide where to put it.

One of my friends has this on this shin.

l_b604de838fd0051e4306ec66d824b2c7.jpg

I've been considering one as well... maybe an oak barrel, hops and something else... Id love to see more pics of what people have!

I like this idea too.. but it would have to be something only a fellow brewer would know/understand.

As die hard as many of us are, I'm suprised more of us do not have beer themed tattoos. I do not have a tatt, but if I decide to get one, it will be related to brewing. I'd like something to symbolize the four traditional beer ingredients, maybe as an armband tattoo.

Did that one member called something like Beta_Pleated_Sheet get a hops vine on her ankle? I remember her posting a picture about a year or so ago, and it was really nice. I'll see if I can dig that up.

Edit- found it! Her name is Beta Pleated Sheet (no _) and she posted this picture:

She hasn't been around in quite a while- I wonder why?

Shortly after she told everyone she was into women, through a very drunken post, (you should read that if you get the chance, funny BTW). Most of the guys on here went gaga crazy, add to the fact that she was very young, hot and some type of computery/microbiology dork and you know this being the internet and all... I think we scared her off.

I like the repeat offender one. I'm also surprised more folks on here don't have beer-themed ink. Makes me kindof feel like I'm on the cutting edge! When I get mine done that is...

Any artists in the house? I am thinking a hop (no face or anything) with headphones on for the back of my calf to mix my two hobbies. I typically prefer black and white since there is less touch up involved. Just throwing it out there :).

A good pic of the type of headphones I am talking about can be found here. I think everyone knows what a hop looks like!:mug:

I went to see my tattoo artist today. I am having him draw something up for this Saturdays session. I gave him a picture of a hop cone and a picture of some barley. He said he would come up with something (he is an awesome artist). As I was walking out the door I heard him mentioning demons and bottles, we'll see what the drawing looks like.

Shortly after she told everyone she was into women, through a very drunken post, (you should read that if you get the chance, funny BTW). Most of the guys on here went gaga crazy, add to the fact that she was very young, hot and some type of computery/microbiology dork and you know this being the internet and all... I think we scared her off.

Yea I remember that now. Once again, the horny internet nerds drove off another dame. :(

Back