I'm starting to loose it....I have got to brew!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

98EXL

Reaction score
So I've been away from my brewery for 9 days now, and have 5 days to go until I'm back home! I'm starting to shake a little bit....I did get some HB medicine by going to the LHBS here in Denver, but I am seriously starting to go through withdrawal....and the worse part, is I'm sober at the moment.

Anyone else ever go through withdrawal like this? I think I have my gravity fed sculpture planned out.....that is how bad I'm craving right now.

Well I dunno, last year I brewed so much stock during the cold season that it carried me a long time. I brewed once or twice during the summer and am just now getting back in a regular brewing swing...sort of. I still have a lot of cider to bottle. I plan on hitting up some high gravity brews soon but I need to free up the carboys.

I've gotten on this kick recently since SWMBO has been put on the brewery payroll.

It's been like this for about 2 months or so since I started AG. At all times this is what is there:

2 * 5 gal in primaries
2 * 5 gal in secondaries
1 * 6 gal in Apfelwien
2 batches of bottles conditioning

[she and] I do 2, 5 gallon batches on brewday, so when it's brewday (usually sunday) we have to bottle ahead of time to free up the secondaries, then rack into the secondaries to free up the primaries to fill with new brew.

One thing I need to do, which I didn't bring any of my notes, is really start keeping banging ass notes. I think it's time to finally splurge on brew software.

So because we've been doing all of this brewing, I'm feeling withdrawal symptoms today, since I haven't brewed in two weeks now.....I missed this weekend, but at least we brewed the night before I left

I totally understand!

I went for a little while brewing once a week, sneaking a double-batch in there somewhere.

This past weekend I was "broke" due to a bad situation and the week before I decided to buy some kegs to dispense my brews at a party (having 6 more kegs laying around doesn't hurt morale either!) so haven't brewed in what is over two weeks.

Come Sunday evening I had my head out of the apartment window wimpering like a sad puppy.

What's even worse is that I suspect I need to buy a new regulator this coming week to rack some brews that have been sitting in secondary longer than I'd like. Oh well. I'm sure I can still sneak something in. :)

Relax, Don't Worry, have some microbrew.

didn't brew from july through september this past summer. it was self imposed though, as it was too fuggin hot, and i was working long hours, and just didn't have the energy.

after the great kegerator accord with swmbo this past month, i have to limit brewing in the attached garage, to times when she's at work. hello night brew sessions!

that is untill the brewhaus is built out back. then it's on again.

I have been enjoying having all of the microbrews out here....I just miss the fact I can't brew...and I really want to

EDIT: What is a 50 spot 'arcade' at an adult store.....we drove by one yesterday, and it has me interested now

If I can’t brew, I play my favorite PC video game…BeerSmith.

If I’m gonna be tied up the next few weekends, I just go ahead and plan out my next 3-4 recipes. Then I like to read up on commercial versions of those styles and maybe hit beeradvocate.com and read some ratings.

Planning, reading and researching “almost” satisfies my brewing urges…but not quite.

Next brews you ask?

A 60 Schilling Scottish
A Sweet (milk) Stout
A Mild English Brown
And of course…the 888 RIS due up in a couple weeks.

BierMuncher said:
If I can’t brew, I play my favorite PC video game…BeerSmith.

If I’m gonna be tied up the next few weekends, I just go ahead and plan out my next 3-4 recipes. Then I like to read up on commercial versions of those styles and maybe hit beeradvocate.com and read some ratings.

Planning, reading and researching “almost” satisfies my brewing urges…but not quite.

Next brews you ask?

A 60 Schilling Scottish
A Sweet (milk) Stout
A Mild English Brown
And of course…the 888 RIS due up in a couple weeks.

You know, maybe I'll actually pick that game up. I'm due for one, and I think it will run on the laptop that I have since it's a POS

Back