Another nitro question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hipjimmer

Reaction score
Is it normal to have to wait minutes to pour another nitro beer? If I pour one right after the other the second one is dead.

What gives?

Just for clarification purposes what is preventing you from pouring a second? Dead as in what no head?

Yes. Pours lifeless. No cascade at all. No head either. Wait 5 min. And it's back to normal.

Im not sure how big of a problem this is for keg/beer use but sometimes regs dont recharge fast enough and get drop off which can cause a loss in pressure during "constant" use. The problem goes away if you wait a bit because the pressure has time to build back up.

I'm trying to determine if this is expected or if I need to troubleshoot. And from your response - could it be the regulator. It sux having to wait between pours.

Im not sure how big of a problem this is for keg/beer use but sometimes regs dont recharge fast enough and get drop off which can cause a loss in pressure during "constant" use. The problem goes away if you wait a bit because the pressure has time to build back up.

I don't hear my regulator adjusting until I pour at least 12 oz into a pint glass. This is probably the reason, get bigger glasses maybe :D

Edit: I'm on co2 not beer gas.

Back