Bikes and beer!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What ever beer I brewed that's ready to drink. And....

The photo of a bottle in the water bottle cage reminded me of the time a friend of mine road up to my house. He handed me his bottle and said, "Try this." I took a swig. It was seven and seven. I said not really being a whiskey fan, "Why not beer?" His reply was, "We tried beer but it kept foaming out of the bottle."

Surly cans tend to do well in my bottle cages - I don't typically carry glass bottles.

Hard for me to pin down an all time favorite beer.

Been on a sour kick lately and currently can't get enough of Sanctification.
tumblr_m6utoui7HL1qes3igo1_400.jpg

bike is a Transition Bottle Rocket -
295145_3571390278543_1559154483_n.jpg

beer: most anything. cheap cans if I'm riding/digging. Something nicer if I'm chilling.

bikes:
Photo%20Aug%2011%2C%202%2015%2047%20PM.jpg

20 inch park machine.

liquid24.jpg

24 inch trail slayer

Photo%20Apr%2007%2C%201%2041%2006%20PM.jpg

26 inch mountain bike thingy.

and an action shot.
Joubert.jpg

I like your style PNJ. a different bike for a variety of riding.

I just had a trippel from Gamble Mill that is really good. Can't wait for another growler of that brew.

My bikes:
20" Redline Device
24" SE quadangle
26":
SE PK Ripper single speed
Trek "Cam McCaul" Ticket
Giant Rein XO

Beer: I couldn't really pin it to one. Probably something from Troegs.

Bike:

Fuji Tahoe 29'er with alot of upgrades for the dirt
Fuji Absolute 1.0 for the road/commuting

Favourite beer? Too many to choose just one. Depends on the day, food pairing, etc. Maybe a Bohemian Pilsner.

Just bought a 2012 Trek Mamba. Haven't owned a bike since I was a kid but my own kids are getting into it now. I work out a lot but the bike is a great supplement to that!

Beer: Really depends on what I am doing
In the shop PBR tastes the same at any age or temperature and doesn't plow you under when trying to weld or design.
Lounging I like Hophenge a lot lately.

Bikes:
Diamondback Topanga SE (unknown year) setup as a hybrid for commuting
Surly Long Haul Trucker, my touring rig and long distance rider.

mmmm.

Beer: pretty much any rye pale ale. (Founders Red's rye, namely)

Bikes:
Bridgestone MB-4 (for commuting)
Cannonondale SR600 (for fun)

Beer: Ranger IPA is my "staple".

Lately I've been loving some Foothills Brewing "People's Porter" (a local NC brewery), as well as Duck Rabbit (another NC brewery) Milk Stout. It inspired me to brew a milk stout :)

Bike: '05 Suzuki Boulevard c50

2012-06-03_12-22-37_357.jpg

My favorite brew changes regularly - recently I have been quite fond of Firestone Walker's Wookie Jack. My pedal bike is a Cannondale R600 and when I'm too lazy to pedal, there's always this - V Star 1300

P1000115.JPG

Beer: Pliny clone (+ Citra)

Bikes: Colnago Krono (DA), Colnago Active (Chorus), Balfa BB7, Panasonic fixie, etc. :D

Back