20 gallon glass fermentor for sale on craigslist cincinnati

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that would be cool, untill you had to move the thing

8 X 15 = 120lbs of wort + another 30+ lbs of glass !

although watching a 15 gallon hopless braggot ferment in that would be really cool
(sort of a Yeast Lava Lamp)

-Jason

I totally want that! I'd just rig up a long hose to fill the primary in place in the temp controlled freezer. I'd probably have to then pump it into cornies when it was done fermenting since it would be too low to rack.

Yeah i think you would have to make some real changes to the way you brew.

I would have to drill a hole in the floor and rack into a keg in the basement.

Haha, considering how heavy the glass is, this would weigh over 100lbs when it's full..
Guess this goes back to the discussion the other day about racking to a conical that's 50 feet away, only this thing doesn't have a racking valve on it. But for $50, I'm sure I could find a use for it :)

If I were to buy it (if I had space and a house) I'd probably park it on a pallet. Then you could move it around with a pallet jack if you had to.

Dang! I've never seen a glass vessel that size before. That's a freaking monster.

Man, this guy is really close to me. No idea what I'd do with something like that though...

i recently picked up a 12 gallon pyrex one from my uncle for free! and it is quite large and awkward to move even with only 5 gallons of wort in it. its definately cool though:ban:

I bought it and going to batch age a mead for a year, bottle age for a year and enjoy my waiting...

I bought it and going to batch age a mead for a year, bottle age for a year and enjoy my waiting...

Cool! Post up some pics when you get it cleaned up and something fermenting in it.

Did you buy it from an individual? From the picture it looked like it was at a shop or something. Maybe Bellevue or Mainstrasse?

I jumped the gun, I sent an email to another person inaddition to the carboy and the person who emailed me back was not for the glass carboy. I never heard back from the carboy? So Idid not get it, but still waiting for the email!

Back