Still bubbling on day 11

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3bals

Reaction score
I don’t really have any questions, just posting my experiences. After a little trouble getting the smack pack to start, I adapted, over came and pitched it on 2/11/09. I wrote about it on another thread.

I’m brewing a Grain Belt Premium Lager clone, no kit. As of today, it’s still bubbling. Not fast, but bubbling, 11 days from brew day. I have it fermenting at temps that vary from 47 F to 57 F. OG was 1.044, which was the anticipated OG. I’m planning on waiting another week or so, then measure the gravity again.

My plans were to have it ready to drink on tax day, hopefully. :)

the last brew I did, was a chocolate espresso stout. I don't know the OG off the top of my head, but it's a big beer. It's the first high gravity brew I've done, and it bubbled steadily for probably almost 2 weeks. It was pretty slow to start, even with a starter, and once it did start it was moderate. Hardly anything even made it out the blowoff. But it just would not quit.

Thanks, kind of like I figured. I'll check the FG in a week or so. I don't know what its supposed to be, but I'll check it several times to make sure it's done.

Latest posts

Back