The Official Metro Det. Natl Homebrew Day brewing @ Cap N Cork May 7th 2011 Thread.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Revvy

Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Although we have a couple threads discussing this in the Michigan Masher's section I know not everyone from Metro Detroit goes there, so I started thread here as well.

The usual gang of the Michigan Mashers will be there .

Saturday, May 7, 2011
10:00am - 4:00pm
Cap and Cork Homebrew Shop (in parking lot behind store)
16812 21 Mile Road
Macomb, MI

The event sponsored by Cap and Cork, and the Clinton River Association of Fermenting Trendsetters (CRAFT) homebrew club has grown larger every year, with over a hundred brewers, and several hundred gallons of beer to taste (and even more brewed onsite), great food, and folks eagerly sharing their love of the hobby with visitors.

I will be there from about 10 am until the event ends, as you can see by the picture we will have a table set up usually in the middle, with a sign labled "Homebrewtalk.com/ Michigan Masher." There will be at least 4 of us brewing, and more hanging out. And Drinking!!!

If you're planning to brew let us know. If you happen to have a tent canopy thing like that we could use one.

Or folding tables.

If you have beer you want some brewers to taste, or just want to share, bring that as well, I usually bring a few things and this year I'll have a couple of bottles of Brochet (burnt Mead) and Habenero Mead.

Here's some pics from past events.

DSCN2812.jpg

DSCN2795.jpg

DSCN2798.jpg

DSCN2810.jpg

DSCN2803.jpg

30611_387808189066_620469066_3994548_994866_n.jpg

30611_387808179066_620469066_3994546_5968966_n.jpg

30611_387808174066_620469066_3994545_5827524_n.jpg

30611_387808159066_620469066_3994543_5946981_n.jpg

30611_387808134066_620469066_3994538_7742427_n.jpg

This is AWESOME, and I totally wish I still lived in Michigan. I would soo make the 2.5 hour drive down to be there for this! I hope it goes well and keep truckin' Revvy.

:)

Dammit... I wish I were not working on Saturday... I did 10 gallons today, two separate batches... does that count?

I'm excited. My grain's milled, my beer is chilled, and my starter's started. All I have to do is load my car in the morning and we're off to the races.

Looking forward to having folks try some of the Habanero and Burnt Honey mead.

and I look forward to trying that mead...I'm bringing an array of beverages:
English Mild, Cream Ale, IPA, APA, still Apfelwein, sparkling Apfelwein, RIS, Irish Red, and Black Licorice Stout. Hope everyone's thirsty...

Well you know what they helps cure pain don't ya? homebrew. Flag me down if you get there after me and I'll help you unload your gear.

I'm going to go get ice now, load up the cooler and the jeep and should be on the road by 9:30 or so. See you in a bit.

Well hopefully when FIshkid, or mustangj sober up they will post pictures of today/ it was a great day. Beautiful weather and an all around around wonderful gathering.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say of all the beer/wine/mead/cider that I tasted today, the stuff from homebrewtalk kicked ass. I'm not just bragging about the stuff I brought, but Fishkid brought some great beers. And people were talking about all our stuff. We rule!!!!!

Man, what a good time, I wish I would have had more time to taste everyone else's beers and share more of mine, what little bit I did taste was awesome. The Reverend makes some mean beverages, mead and beer!

I didn't take many photos, just a few with my phone but here's what I got,

Here's a shot with a few of the Michigan Mashers,
group.jpg

The Reverend with the equipment,
revandpots.jpg

and a few others,
revandgroup1.jpg

revandgroup2.jpg

pots.jpg

Great time!

Did my phone text every get though to you??? Thanks again for cleaning up for me after my back went out. I had a great time with you and Dana and your dad. We'll have to get together soon.... :mug:

(I'm glad I have pain killers left from surgery...they are coming in handy now.)

I really wish I had thought to grab an IPA of yours, I could use one now.

Got the text and everything, glad you got home OK, sorry your back isn't doing too well. I guess the next time we get together to brew we'll have to decide on a 10G batch and split it between us, just to make the day a bit easier on you.

..and yes..the IPA would have been great to wash down those pills, :mug:

and for the record I got an awesome farmer's tan today. :mug:

Edit: It's more like a farmer's burn...

Back