My first year Cents have buds in NJ!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwray

Reaction score
Hey all,

Planted these in the middle of April, more as an excuse to build a nice arbor by the pool rather than grow hops :p but they seem very healthy!

They are Centennials.

I was afraid they were going to get too much water from all the rain we've been having here in Central NJ, but I guess they enjoyed it (it's basically been Washington weather, so I guess that's good for hops! :D)

downsized_0707091713.jpg

downsized_0707091713a.jpg

Very nice looking plant! My first year centennial looks like it's going to out-do the second year cent.

Very nice looking plant! My first year centennial looks like it's going to out-do the second year cent.

Thanks, I'll have to grab some shots of the whole thing once I get home. Where'd your rhizomes come from this year? Mine were from Freshops and they seemed very plump and healthy. Weren't even the first pick of the litter either; I ordered fairly late.

Ordered early this year, a little later last year. Both years from Freshops. This year's cent. was about the saddest looking rhizome (out of six) that I got. I put it close to the house so that I could give it more care. It only put up one shoot but it's 14 ft. plus and it's gonna provide a little harvest. I'd guess right now around .5oz. if everything goes well. Hoping between the two cents. and the first year Zues I'll be able to put together a pale. I'm going to have a very nice cascade harvest so between the three varieties I should be able to figure something out:D.

Ordered early this year, a little later last year. Both years from Freshops. This year's cent. was about the saddest looking rhizome (out of six) that I got. I put it close to the house so that I could give it more care. It only put up one shoot but it's 14 ft. plus and it's gonna provide a little harvest. I'd guess right now around .5oz. if everything goes well. Hoping between the two cents. and the first year Zues I'll be able to put together a pale. I'm going to have a very nice cascade harvest so between the three varieties I should be able to figure something out:D.

Mine shot up a whole bunch of bines... I tried thinning some out and tossed the pullings on the other side of the fence. It looks like they took root, so now I have a bunch of smaller crops all over the place ... wasn't expecting that!

Good luck with your pale when the time comes! :mug:

Latest posts

Back