Dimensions of a cornelius keg

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TGreen588

Reaction score
Hello,

I am interisted in making a kegorator from a chest freezer and I was wondering about the height and diamater of a cornelius keg?

Thanks!
Tom

Not to sound like a complete dick (I've got some room to go) but you should learn to use the search function on this site & google.com.

You'll also get good information by reading the Wiki & searching the DIY section for projects other people have done already. Learn from their experience.

Perhaps the link below will suffice:
Let me google that for you

HAHA. you might be the dick in this situation, however im the ******* for not doing my research befor asking the question. Now I ask you, what would you rather be a dick, or an *******?

Thanks for putting me in my place

Nah - it's not about "putting" you anywhere.

I just want you to use the tools available to you here on HBT & learn all the resources this site has.

Everyone has to start somewhere - but it's where you finish that counts. Good luck & happy homebrewing.

Corny kegs must vary in size because mine are slightly different from brand to brand and they sure are not 8.125" .. Double check the real sizes of the kegs you are going to buy. The top rubber handles might measure 8.125" but the actual stainless cylinders are larger.

Hilariously enough (given the first few posts in this thread), this thread is now the first result to pop up on Google for a search for "cornelius keg dimensions".

Thanks for providing some great information! I'm happy to have found this community.

Ball lock kegs are about 8.5" - 9" wide, and 25" high. With the MFL (Gas / Liquid) couplers connected, does this increase the height at all? I'm building a collar for my keezer, and an 8" collar gets me exactly 25" on top of my compressor hump. If the MFL connectors increase keg height even by 1/4", I'll have to go with a 10" collar.

Tried to find a good "profile" view of a ball lock keg with the MFL couplers connected, no luck.

Thanks in advance!!!

Back