Hard Iced Tea

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CTBrew

Reaction score
So using this recipe:

Hard Iced Tea Time - WinePress.US Wine Making and Grape Growing Forum

I just racked mine off the primary carboy into a bucket (kind of backwards I know). It has a great tea color to it. I did one frozen lemonade concentrate before fermentation, and I will sweeten soon with what is needed. Here is my questions. I plan on bottling it, so what are my next steps? I'm new to brewing but in my arsenal of powders n such I have Potassium Sorbate, yeast nutrient and campden tablets. I made 5 gallons, what do I need to do to :

1) sweeten it with more lemonade concentrate and possibly more tea and

2) bottle it and perhaps let it age for a few weeks/months?

I want to make sure there is no mold growth or no refermentation, I just wasnt clear on what to add to the batch to ensure that.

Thanks!

Josh

Back at it again. Opened a bottle of this stuff a few weeks ago. It tastes awfully sour. I don't know what I did wrong. I might try this recipe again, it seems like some had some luck with a similar recipe for hard lemonade. The tea was more work than it was worth though.

Back