HopYard Field Day in Massachusetts

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would love to attend this, but having it on a weekday certainly makes things more complicated. I'll have to see what I can finagle...

I would probably try to get to something like this on the East Coast but the weekday issue along with that the main guest is only in his second year of growing makes it a no go for me. The UVM crop team would be helpful to talk to though.

I spoke with the organizer briefly this morning. She confirmed that the content of the session will have useful information for both homebrewers and small commercial hop growers. They've offered this field day in the past and a large percentage of the participants were homebrewers. Sounds like much of the day will be spent discussing soil condition/nutrients and diagnosis/treatment of common hop diseases and pests in New England.

Pretty much hit the nail on the head Mr Wrench. We are a young hopyard and we are still trying to flush out the feasability of a larger hopyard. Every time one question is answered another 2-3 are asked. In the end come for the info and a great excuse to visit Central Mass.

Pariah- Try to attend UVM's winter Hops conference. Lots of good advice plus a host of other growers sharing their experiences both good and bad.

Back