floor corker plus 375 ml bottles = @#$!%

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymn

Reaction score
I had this great idea to bottle my latest batch of wine in smaller bottles, so that I don't have to drink an entire 750ml bottle in one sitting.

Little did I know that my floor corker only accepts the standard 750ml bottles.

Solution, a Lord of the Rings trilogy in one binding. I placed the book on top of the platform, and took care to make sure the bottles were upright. It worked like a charm.

Anyone else have a less literature intensive solution to this problem?

Matt

I know nothing abut your wine-corking machine, but if the wood thing is a possibility, any decent furniture making/restoring shop could probably make it for you from scraps...when my sister worked for a shop like that, she used to hook me up with cool little items like that all the time.

psymn said:
I had this great idea to bottle my latest batch of wine in smaller bottles, so that I don't have to drink an entire 750ml bottle in one sitting.

Little did I know that my floor corker only accepts the standard 750ml bottles.

Solution, a Lord of the Rings trilogy in one binding. I placed the book on top of the platform, and took care to make sure the bottles were upright. It worked like a charm.

Anyone else have a less literature intensive solution to this problem?

Matt

Someon else gave me the idea of using a hockey puck. It works great for my corker. It's about the right height, and it is slightly "bouncy" as well.

Twinmaples

measure the difference in bottle hight then add that much in wood or hard rubber to the bottle base on the corker as long as you have to spring the bottle into place the coker will do it's thing. I've done that. you don't need any thing fancy.

Back