Deal on 12.5 gallon aluminum kettle

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EdWort

Reaction score
Howdy ya'll,

I stopped by Fiesta Market in Austin today at lunch and came across a very nice 50 qt. Aluminum steamer with lid for $35.

vaporera_45.jpg

It's great for heating up your mash and sparge water in one shot. If you are in Texas, check out http://www.fiestamart.com/locations.htm
for a location near you.

I use my stainless kettle for my boil and a cheap aluminium for heating my mash water.

If all us Gringo's buy these all up, the Mexicans might start a revolution because they'd have no pots to make tamales in. With that being said....that's a damn good deal. There's a Fiesta 5 minutes from my casa. Gonna have to go check it out. Thanks Ed.

I hable no tamale. Is that what it's for? It has this on the inside.

vaporera_45_con_div.jpg

Try your Spanish out here.

VAPORERA DE 45 cm
CON DIVISIONES

Vaporera de 45 cm con divisiones
Ideal para tamales de diferentes sabores

EdWort said:

vaporera_45_con_div.jpg

VAPORERA DE 45 cm
CON DIVISIONES

Steamer with divisions... ideal for tamales of different flavors. Yum!

Those dividers make it easier to stand the tamales up for steaming. Imagine trying to stand up 200 tamales with no dividers to stand against. You'd have a lopsided mush before you finished.

How about this 20 gallon pot, $70. A similar SS pot is over $200.

I am thinking of getting two of these, one for an HLT and the other for my boil kettle. I am going to use a cooler for the mash vessel.

I want to boil 14 gallons of wort when doing double batches.

http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-HEAVY...ryZ67161QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD4VQQcmdZViewItem

Or should I get 3 of them and insulate one and use it for a mash vessel ? Actually, 60Q would work great for a mash vessel. 80Q is a little big.

Sorry to throw a towel on everyone's fun, but check out my deal today;

I've been waiting for agood price on a SS turkey fryer. The local Wally-World had an aluminum one, for $50, right after Christmas. They also had a SS 30 quart pot set, for $45.

Well, today, the pot set was $20, and the turkey fryer was $25, with 30 AND 10 quart aluminum pots, along with all the other goodies. (Holy pot, turkey stand, injecting needle, dipper to remove frying small stuff.)

Well, I now have the aluminum pots to fry in, and the SS pot, to make beer in, and less than the $50 I had budgeted.

steve

I saw a 32 qt aluminum tamale steamer for $19.99 @ Walmart today.
Think thats worthwhile for a n00b to boil with starting out using extract kits?

Wow old thread...

I've got one of those Ed. I picked it up at HEB for like $20.

And yeah shaggy they should be fine....

lol..yeah a bit old...I did a search for "tamale steamers" I believe and this was most relevant where I could ask my question.
I'm going to stop back there tomorrow and check it out better.
I just ordered a Lemongrass Wheat Ale from Austin Homebrew today and am excited to get started.
Bottled our first batch of IPA last Friday that me and my SO made in a class last month and now am looking forward to giving it a go at home.
Wooohooo!

:mug:

EdWort said:

vaporera_45_con_div.jpg

VAPORERA DE 45 cm
CON DIVISIONES

I saw one of those divided pots advertised once. It is a pasta pot.
commercial style. You use the same water to cook individual portions of spaghetti' Mi SWMBO ( Senora Who Must be Obeyed) Uses a steamer juicer for her (my) tamales. They get sacked in a brickwork fashion around the edge of the pot.

Latest posts

Back