Timer/Temp Programmable PID?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KyleWolf

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I am slowly putting together all of the supplies for a semi-automated brew stand system. I will be using a recirculating mash under direct flame. I was wondering if there are any good "off the shelf" PIDs that can run a multi-timed/multi-temp program. Nothing very complicated, just perhaps something like:
(just an example)
120F, hold 15min
149F, hold 45min
*alarm*
168F, hold indefinitely (ie, until sparge is done)

I am thinking something like This PID Temperature Controller w/ Ramp/soak is probably what I am looking for, but I wanted to ask to see what people thought.

Thanks in advance!

Automation direct has the series of SOLO PIDs that allow for ramp/soak programming. They also have an RS485 port and software you can use to program it so you don't have to press one million buttons to set it up.

Thanks. This site is down at the moment, but I will definitely look into it. Ideally, I would love for it to be able to save multiple programs and just select which one I want for the day.

Back