Mr Beer mixes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanman250

Reaction score
I like the small batches but not the cost. Does someone sell the beer mixes like Mr Beer for less or larger ones that I could use half now and half later. I like the syrup mixes in the can, it's like making a can of soup only the end result is better.
I looked at one of local beer stores but they only had the ingredients that people who really make there own beer use.

vanman250

vanman250 said:
I like the small batches but not the cost. Does someone sell the beer mixes like Mr Beer for less or larger ones that I could use half now and half later. I like the syrup mixes in the can, it's like making a can of soup only the end result is better.
I looked at one of local beer stores but they only had the ingredients that people who really make there own beer use.

vanman250

if you buy one can of malt extract syrup from a local shop, that is perfect for a half batch of beer. a full batch of beer needs two of those cans.

you'd need to buy a couple ounces of hops and boil it all in some water, but you can certainly use the same stuff that "people who really make their own beer" use.

-walker

Is there something special about "Mr. Beer" mixes? I'm not being cynicle really. I have no clue... I just saw them on the net last month when I bothered to type Mr. Beer in yahoo and have noticed people seem to get Mr. Beer mixes:)

they are basically pre-hopped cans of malt extract and yeast. Since the stuff is clean and there are no hops to add, you don't have to even boil them. You just mix in hot water to dissolve the hopped LME and pitch your yeast. The cans of LME are big enough to make a 2.5 gallon batch of beer.

-walker

Back