• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Dakota 2.5 gallon electric BIAB system

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stainlessbrewer

Reaction score
Due to the shipping weight (25lbs) I would like to sell this locally or close to it (eastern North Dakota and western Minnesota).

For sale is my custom BIAB-style electric home brewing system. Designed for 2-3 gallon batches. Single vessel. 120V PID based temperature controller. 120V 2000W all stainless heating element. 12V quiet pump for recirculating during the mash if you like. Two temperature probes for the controller, one mounted in kettle and one mounted in the recirculation return in the kettle lid. Works in any GFCI protected 20A kitchen outlet. Easy all-grain brewing. Normally for BIAB (Brew In A Bag) style brewing you use a nylon mesh bag but I had a stainless mesh basket made for the kettle that will last a lifetime with minimal up keep. Bags are fine but sometimes hard to clean and can begin to come apart at the seams, this mesh basket is much better and cleans up easy. Kettle has all stainless parts including the valve bulkhead, 3-piece 1/2" ball valve and hose barb. Includes 2 pieces of 1/2" silicone tubing for recirculating and draining. One piece has an inline ball valve to control the recirculation flow. There is also an aluminum support to rest the basket on while it drains and a 1/2" thick poly round disk with handle for pressing the grains while they drain to get the most wort out of them as you can.

Over $350 invested and taken care of. Very nice.

Only selling because I have built a new small batch system and need to downsize for upcoming move.

$240 Not interested in parting it out and no trades please.

IMG_0151.jpg

IMG_0146.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0153.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0155.jpg

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0149.jpg

IMG_0147.jpg

IMG_0148.jpg

I am willing to ship but the cheapest would be FedEx Home Delivery (ground) and to 32210 it would be $49. I also checked from North Dakota to San Diego, Austin as well as Tampa and it was about $50 also. Closer might be cheaper.

25 pounds and 18" x 18" x 18" box

I'm interested even with the shipping. What size is the kettle?
What are the times for getting to strike and from strike to boiling?

What type of efficiency do you generally get?

Are you getting 3 gallons into the fermenter or into the bottling bucket / keg?

24 quart. About 30 minutes to strike temp from 53° water. Mash out to boil about 20 minutes. I get 78-82 efficiency but that is more dictated by your brewing practices, not equipment. As stated it's designed for 2-1/2 gallons. I rarely have more than a quart of loss in fermenter.

Sorry for the off topic, what size mesh is the mash basket? Fantastic little setup.

If nobody ahead of me takes it, I'd pay the $240 plus $50 shipping to Ohio ZIP 44281. I'm looking for something to use in the house this winter.

Where did you have the basket made? I have a very similar system except that it is much bigger.

Mark

The basket was the original Bayou steamer basket but Arbor Fab modified it by cutting lower part off and adding the stainless mesh basket part. Can't say enough great things about them, quality work. The element is a stainless rod element I found online a few years back and I put the enclosure together for it. Unfortunately they are no longer available but Williams Brewing has a 1500W version now.

Latest posts

Back