Jockey Box Wagon

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bucfanmike

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
subtitle:How i became the most popular camper.

I have a thread about building my jockeybox here. https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/my-new-jockey-box-302897/

Here are pics from my 10 day, 6 family camping trip.

Started with a northern tools cart, and bolted pvc couplers near the outside corners.
51da12a6.jpg

Cut pvc legs, bolted couplers to a 2x4 piece of 3/4 plywood. Plywood got 3 coats of kilz primer and then a coat of paint for color. It will eventually get a better paint job, then epoxy.
0a62739d.jpg

The cart holds 6 cornies and a 5lb co2. Once painted and epoxied, it will only have a table skirt, but for this trip it got a borrowed picnic table cover. Ya I know its ugly.
c5ec8373.jpg

I dont have a pic of the menu board installation. But i got 2- 1/2 x 4" metal joining plates. Glued one to the back of the board. Screwed the other into the face of the tabletop. Used some rare earth magnets from HF to attach the board.

I was able to serve cold beer for 10 days. Now due to the hot weather I did have to make co2 adjustments along the way. I was aided by semi cool nights, and it was mid 80s most days. The first 2 days i was still at about 18-20lbs to maintain carbonation. By the end of the week I was pushing 35lbs. I was definately the most popular camping and many people dropping by from other sites to take a look and try a sample.

Back